Grindr is hiring a Director of API Engineering!
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Direct the daily operations & responsibilities of the Backend Services API Engineering Team responsible for building a global platform to support mobile & web application functionality, while analyzing workflow, production deadlines, & development priorities
- Provide technical leadership & mentor API Engineering Team members in Java development, testing protocols & methodologies, MySQL database design, document store databases, deploy pipelines & security priorities, while soliciting cooperation to troubleshoot & resolve problems & production delays
- Oversee & direct the design & implementation of the companys Backend Services architecture, reviewing project plans & coordinating activities focused on platform growth, electronic payment & subscription services, & application infrastructure security & stability
- Direct efforts to coordinate capacity planning & infrastructure engineering for SSL-enabled distributed systems running on Linux, & assign systems analysis, programming, & related development functions to dedicated subordinate API Engineers
Here's what we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, plus five (5) years post-baccalaureate experience as Lead Applications Engineer, Senior Software Engineer or related role