Betterment at Work is a 401(k) service built from the ground up with the needs of the modern employee in mind. It's selected by employers who want to offer their employees tailored & smart financial advice that will help them create a more secure future. Betterment at Work is powered by Betterment's proprietary, smart technology that automates & optimizes asset allocation to enhance financial wellness. As a fiduciary that is independent of the funds it invests in, Betterment believes that everyone has the fundamental right to expert financial advice. In addition to the core investing services, Betterments platform includes Betterment EverydayBetterments cash management suite which offers a checking account, debit card, & high-yield account. Headquartered in New York City & created by the largest independent robo-advisor, Betterment at Work is used by leading employers like Casper. For more information, visit www.betterment.com/401k.
401(k) plan administration services provided by Betterment for Business. Investment advice to plans & plan participants provided by Betterment, an SEC registered investment adviser. Brokerage services provided to clients of Betterment by Betterment Securities, an SEC registered broker-dealer & member FINRA/SIPC. Betterment & Betterment Securities are affiliates of Betterment for Business.
About the Role:
Betterment for Business is an award winning 401(k) solution that works as hard for your money as you work to earn it. We are seeking ambitious Sales Development Reps to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for outbound prospecting to assist the sales process at the top of the funnel in an activity heavy role. You are a tech-savvy seller who is passionate about working with decision-makers to add a retirement offering to their employee benefits or transition plans from their existing provider.
This position will be preferably based in NYC, focused on generating new business & representing Betterment for Business 401ks solutions.
A Day in the Life:
- Generating new opportunities using outbound tactics (email sequences, cold calling, LinkedIn, etc)
- Identifying, targeting & nurturing potential outbound opportunities by creating new target lists & always being one step ahead of trends
- Understanding the need of prospects & communicating them clearly to Account Executives
- Clearly articulating Betterments value proposition & products to prospects in specific verticals
- Meet & exceed meeting set & meetings held goals
- Ensure effective & consistent use of Salesforce
- Provide voice of the client & industry to marketing & product management to drive roadmaps
- Having a whole lot of fun
What Were Looking For:
- Exposure to B2B tech/SaaS sales
- Curiosity & interest for financial products & retirement planning
- A consistent track record of exceeding targets
- High energy & willingness to learn
- Experience with cold calling & emailing (and enjoying it!)
- Ability to give & receive feedback - you will collaborate with our sales team to drive process improvements
- Strong oral & written communication skills with even stronger listening skills
- Experience with sales technology stack- Outreach, Salesforce- a plus
- The hardest worker in the room
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, & continuing on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
Youll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your whole self & make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing.
- Join one or more of our 6 Employee Resource Groups as a member or an ally, & help us shape Betterments culture & product for years to come.
Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up & cared for with a customizable workstation, benefit packages that fit your needs (including infertility support & World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits), a Self Care stipend of $600 per year to invest in your wellness however you see fit, as well as additional professional development opportunity.
- Youll have flexible paid time off, & a team that cares about you, not just what youre working on.
Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing & transparency you can opt into mentoring & career coaching programs as well as weekly company meetings.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of meetings with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, well look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, & motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 2-3 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability & sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that were unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, & our hiring team simply doesnt have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support & advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.