About This Position
As a Senior Product Designer at Ellevest, you are responsible for leading user research & design efforts cross-platform, turning complicated problems into intuitive experiences, & always keeping the user at the center. Reporting to the Director of Product Design, youll collaborate closely with the product & engineering teams at every stage of the product process from defining problems & requirements to overseeing builds. Youll also collaborate with Brand Designers to create a consistent user & brand experience at every touchpoint.
You are wholeheartedly focused on the user, & believe that regular testing & iteration is the key to delivering a successful product. You have a sharp sense for when to apply established patterns & styles, as well as when to evolve them (while updating our style guide & documentation accordingly).
- Partner with product & engineering teams to define problems & assess opportunities
- Map user flows, create design solutions, & prototype interactions
- Oversee the building process cross-platform in both responsive web & native app
- Balance business objectives & customer needs
- Work iteratively in a highly Agile & Scrum environment
- Give & receive design feedback among peers
- Pitch confidently to stakeholders
- Lead research & user testing efforts to hypothesize & validate customer needs
- Use qualitative & quantitative data to iterate & optimize product features
- Be an evangelist for UX & UI best practices & design excellence
- Deliver design solutions that challenge convention & create engagement
- Collaborate with the team to build a scalable design system
- 6+ years of design experience
- A portfolio of (shipped) digital product design showcasing complex & creative UX solutions, exceptional visual design & solid information architecture
- Experience iterating on a live product in an in-house environment
- Ability to move quickly from concept to whiteboard to execution
- Openness to receiving feedback & having your opinions challenged
- Exceptional written & oral communication skills present your work confidently to any audience (engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, & deliver on time
- Experience with A/B testing & optimizing for conversion (a plus!)
- Interaction design & passion for creating micro-animations (also a plus)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving & constantly evolving high growth environment
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with an easy-to-use app & website backed by a gender-smart algorithm that factors in things like longer lifespans, pay gaps, & career breaks. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney & Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, & author of Own It: The Power of Women at Work. Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, & Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, & retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a womans longer lifespan & different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevests unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, & operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team & working environment where individuals can succeed professionally & personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, & to have room for fun & fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent & teamwork, & team is the most important thing to us.
In 2019, Ellevest was named as one of LinkedIns 50 Hottest Companies to Work For, as well as a spot on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list, identifying start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech & business shifts both for the second year in a row. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Ideas, & CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrows household names. We are working every day to make this a reality, & create a brand & a service that closes the female money gap.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note:Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.