Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
As a Reimbursement Operations Associate, you play an important role in the overall success of the company. Working with our billing tool provider, you will drive payment for our services, & by partnering with colleagues in Finance & Client Services. You will facilitate optimized billing processes & operations that are aligned with Guardant Health's mission & values.
You're responsible for documenting appropriate payer communication and/or correspondence for insurance claim research and/or appeals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide reimbursement assistance to patients while providing superior customer service & respect to patients & their families
- Correctly interpret EOB's for follow-up and/or appeals
- Follow appropriate HIPAA guidelines provide medical records to primary care provider, insurance carriers, referred providers & patients per patient request
- Work well individually & in a team environment accomplishing set goals
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 1-3 years recent experience in both professional & facility billing, & collections with high volume and/or multiple accounts
- Experience with contacting & follow up with insurance carriers on denials, file reconsideration requests, formal appeals & negotiations (preferred)
- Basic math skills to accurately interpret payment & adjustment transactions (must be able to read & understand an EOB)
- Must be proficient using a computer, data entry, & have above average typing skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office including Excel
- Familiarity with laboratory billing, Xifin, EDI enrollment, merchant solutions, payer portals & national as well as regional payers throughout the country are a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/