At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Channel Account Managers, Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, & Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare & create great Internet-enabled experiences. The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
We are looking for a dynamic Global Alliance Manager to develop Cloudflare Alliance partners in the Americas focused on Global Systems Integrators (GSIs), plus some of the Emerging Regional SIs. You will have the opportunity to leverage leadership, motivational & strategic business skills to make an impact & help customers enable secure transformation to the cloud. The ideal candidate will have significant experience generating new enterprise business through alliances & developing new growth opportunities for Cloudflare. This is your opportunity to join a red hot, fast growing, market leading, cloud security company. If you want to experience explosive growth & be given the responsibility & challenge to impact a companys success, this is the opportunity for you.
- Establish effective working relationships with the Alliance Partner, Cloudflare Sales Leadership & Account Managers, Marketing & Support teams
- Develop a core understanding of the unique business needs of prospects & customers within the Partners respective fields of specialty & expertise
- Develop three (3) year Global Alliance partner strategy plan that clearly demonstrates a plan to that delivers profitable growth to Cloudflare that outpaces the market
- Develop & maintain detailed working knowledge of SI partners service offering portfolio & leverage Cloudflares strengths to fill partner portfolio gaps & improve partners ability to compete
- Build & develop durable executive relationships resulting in a delighted partner & delighted customers
- Own, influence, & orchestrate relationships within the partner Offering teams that can help drive Cloudflare offerings & strategic positioning
- Facilitate engagement between Cloudflare product management teams & SI partner to support joint solution development
- Identify & drive joint offering opportunities & placement of Cloudflare technologies as partner acknowledged standards
- Understand Systems Integrator's service offerings & service delivery financial models & constraints, & lead effort to develop custom financial models for Cloudflare products when needed
- Responsible for overall pricing strategy with GSI partner & decision support analysis for pricing & discounting decisions
- Support large joint deals when necessary
- Enable & train extended Alliance teams on key sales plays & provide global deal coordination
- Facilitate legal requests & manage contract negotiations
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience, ideally in the following disciplines: business development/alliances; partner sales at a leading high-tech company; enterprise sales
- Systems Integrator experience required; preferably within the security practices of the large GSIs.. Any Service Provider experience a plus.
- Technical skills including the ability to understand (1) product roadmaps; (2) market conditions & factors; & (3) complex partner requirements
- Track record of exceptional performance at past roles
- Ability to think strategically & translate strategy into execution plans
- Ability to influence & build consensus with people across all levels & functions with a sense of urgency
- Experience negotiating complex agreements in a timely manner
- Crisp & effective communication skills, including significant experience presenting to senior executives
- Ability to convey a shared vision to build buy-in for an idea or concept
- Strong knowledge of the Networking, Security & Cloud industries
- Strong knowledge of Cloudflare products & processes preferred
- Must be willing to travel including attendance at all business reviews & ad hoc meetings.
- Demonstrate leadership that promotes & exemplifies the highest levels of teamwork, personal accountability, & mutual support to the SI.
- Success selling complex solutions (preferably in SaaS environments) both to & through Service Providers.
- Organized & Disciplined, & a 'do what it takes' attitude.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Prior experience with network transformation technologies & any past history working in early stage technology start-ups.
- Superb organizational skills & demonstrated history outlining & establishing sales strategies.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.