Care/of (takecareof.com) is a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup. We make it easier & more enjoyable to shop for vitamins (and maybe even a little fun, too). Our technology makes it possible for people to get custom vitamin recommendations based on their diets & health goals, which we deliver in convenient daily packs with a touch of joy. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research backing up our recommendations & the quality of our products. Care/of launched in 2016 & is based in New York City. (And we're excited to meet you.
About the job
Care/of is seeking an exceptional & dynamic Head of Finance to help drive the company to the next level. Partnering with senior management & the Board of Directors, the CFO will continuously assess, design & develop, implement, manage, & refine the companys strategic financial initiatives, in support of both project-based & long-term capital-intensive plans & requirements that serve to profitably scale the business.
- Provide insightful & trusted counsel to the CEO, senior executive leadership team, & the Board on both financial & broad-based business issues to understand real costs to the business, as well as value drivers.
- Manage the companys capital structure, including planning for future debt & equity financing, if needed
- Continuously improve financial modeling, forecasting, reporting & accounting. Lead planning & rolling forecasts process on a monthly / quarterly / annual basis to support attainment of companys growth objectives
- Own Financial Operations including inventory management, logistics, supply chain management, real estate, & construction.
- Experience as a senior financial executive (CFO or #2 Finance Executive) in a high-growth, e-commerce company or deep private equity experience with e-commerce companies
- Understands value of a brand & is familiar with business models involving inventory
and tangible goods.
- Ideally someone who understands hourly workforces & manufacturing & fulfillment
- Experience managing the following functions & capabilities; Financial Planning & Analysis, Finance & Accounting, Business Operations, Internal & External Auditors, Compliance, & Financial Strategy.
- Business & operationally oriented with a strong FP&A skill set.
- Hands-on leader with the ability to lead & retain a highly motivated & talented finance team.