Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The Senior Accountant at Guardant Health will serve a key role in a world-class finance team in a rapid growth & emerging environment. The finance team serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic & enterprise endeavors & works closely with business partners on a daily basis. The Senior Accountant will have contact with senior-level members of the team which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written & verbal.
- Responsible for the development, oversight, execution & monitoring of financial transactions, processes & systems.
- Provide meaningful financial statement analysis including responsibility for various general ledger account reconciliations.
- Provide financial statement reporting, including non-standard and/or ad hoc, for both internal & external audiences.
- Research, analyze, & correct complex irregularities & reconciling items in system output results and/or reconciliations.
- Responsible for month, quarter & year-end close related activities including the communication with other departments to ensure all information requirements & reporting deadlines are met with accuracy.
- Utilize ERP to obtain & analyze complex financial information. Confer with technical teams to design & develop reports.
- Develop & implement solutions to complex accounting problems by in-depth evaluation & analysis.
- Participate in end user acceptance testing of any new system functionality, if any, prior to implementation.
- Correspond directly with internal & external auditors to provide requested schedules & support.
- Assist in establishing, implementing, maintaining & monitoring accounting control procedures & global accounting policies in accordance with accepted business practices, new accounting pronouncements, & Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly management financial packages & support quarterly SEC disclosure requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in audit, accounting or finance, Big 4 accounting experience a plus. CPA a plus.
- Possess a tech-savvy mindset & passion for end to end design & improvement. Strong system & data flow knowledge. Ability to learn & adapt to new process flows & software technologies.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups & pivot tables.
- Minimum 5 years utilizing a large ERP system such as NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, Workday or Microsoft Dynamics required. Familiarity with Oracle Fusion a plus.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Expertise in performing financial functions including: preparation & posting of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, financial statement analysis, financial report preparation & variance analysis.
- Expertise in interpreting & applying financial policies & procedures including the use of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) & methodologies.
- Ability to independently research, interpret, analyze, compile & present data & information demonstrating judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team & take on new tasks with various levels of difficulty in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & take ownership of work product. Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-growing environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, & interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated ability to effectively interact with diverse & broad range of internal & external stakeholders.
- Maintain a helpful & positive attitude during periods of high volume.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.