ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms design team is a group of fast-moving & creative thinkers who thrive on creating beautiful products Skimmrs love. This role is a key member on the team, working cross-functionally with our marketing team, owning projects end to end, bringing theSkimms voice & brand to life.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Leading creative development based ong design briefs & projects that span brand marketing, product marketing, growth marketing & more.
- Defining & influencing creative decisions in collaboration with our marketing team
- Concepting, presentings & designing creative for projects cross-functionally across the organization.
- Foster a collaborative process with cross-functional teams & lead projects from conception to launch
- Work with the entire design team to evolve the design system, understanding the value of design patterns & helping to build & maintain a cohesive visual language
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 6+ years of brand design experience
- BFA degree is preferred
- Expert Illustration Skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects as well as Sketch
- A sound design aesthetic with a solid understanding of typography & composition, & grids.
- Familiarity & enthusiasm for theSkimm: brand aesthetic, audience & mission.
- The ability to refine other peoples ideas & come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience
- Can work collaboratively with a team, independently, & with direction
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment & make quick decisions
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Familiarity & enthusiasm for theSkimm, & a passion for our audience & mission
- Marketing agency experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches & monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches & a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
Please include portfolio link in all applications.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.