Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, & technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one weve made to our customers, doctors, & partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Capsule has raised over $250 million from the best consumer internet & healthcare investors in the world.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are energized to accomplish ambitious goals & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & have a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Pharmacy Technician- Prep&Fill, you will work at the frontlines of Capsules mission to build a better, nicer, kinder, smarter pharmacy to make life simpler & healthier for everyone. You will serve as an integral part of the pharmacy fulfillment team by preparing & filling prescriptions while working productively & efficiently to ensure a delightful customer experience.
What Youll Do:
- Prepare prescription orders by pulling appropriate prescription drugs from inventory, complete appropriate filling procedure, & packaging as necessary.
- Work with speed & accuracy to deliver business goals.
- Maintaining the flow & organization of prescriptions throughout the pharmacy.
- Work with pharmacists per work instructions, follow workflows & procedures, with knowledge of NYS laws & regulations.
- Use multiple computer systems to fulfill prescription orders.
- Utilize the best method for product packing & delivery based on standard procedures to include type of packaging, unique conditions (i.e. refrigeration), etc. to ensure safe & secure delivery.
- Maintain various machines & equipment (e.g. pharmacy automation cabinet).
- Comply with local, state, & federal laws, regulations, & policies pertaining to the fulfillment of prescription medications.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure the appropriate fulfillment of prescription orders.
- Participate in department continuous improvement efforts.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- You have a High School Diploma / GED.
- You have 6+ months of experience as a pharmacy technician or in a fulfillment role.
- You are proficient with a computer & Windows PC applications & are able to navigate & learn new & complex computer system applications.
- Familiarity with general pharmacy terminology a plus (SIG codes, brand & generic names of medications.
- Capable of standing for long periods of time & able to lift & carry up to 5lbs for the duration of your shift.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates & you give & get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better & be successful.
- You work hard & want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins & remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast & right & don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision & accuracy & where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed & challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form & live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility & value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.