Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were looking for an enthusiastic, skilled & hands-on manager who can bring their expertise in Experimentation & build a test & learn culture that helps teams in creating a best-in-class marketing platform & customer experience. Youll collaborate with Product & Engineering teams to execute experiments, as well as consult with teams & enable them to run their own experiments in collaboration with Product Analysts. In this role, youll be managing our Optimizely implementation, best practices around experimentation, & evangelizing those best practices to the rest of the company. As a Manager of Experimentation, you will be working cross-functionally with other managers in Analytics, UX Research, Marketing, Engineering, Design, & Product Management to ensure productive cross-functional collaboration. The ideal candidate will have experience in similar marketing optimization, technical, & testing domains & be a skilled collaborator whos able to work across departments & disciplines.
- Champion optimization & experimentation to create a testing culture that rapidly tests, measures, & iterates, driving fundamental improvement to the customer experience & targeted KPIs
- Work cross-functionally & leverage various data sources to prioritize experiments across teams & ensuring your team is focused on creating learnings around high value experiences, helping to reach our company goals & managing any potentially conflicting experiments across the application.
- Develop & manage a comprehensive roadmap for testing & optimizing touch points across the entire customer journey including MailChimp.com, the MailChimp application & mobile app in partnership with cross-functional partners & others in Product Analytics
- Manage the end-to-end operations of an AB testing program including planning, test design & deployment, QA, measurement & reporting
- Serve as a subject matter expert on design & execution of experiments
- Create company wide conversations to discuss results & recommendations from recent experiments & communicate the impact the program is having on the company
- Own & manage a process to document planned experiments & results for others in the company to access
- Identify emerging optimization tools & methodologies through regular vendor review, & recommend new testing techniques & next-generation testing technologies to improve test quality & effectiveness
- Extensive experience in a testing/optimization focused role
- Bachelors or Graduate degree (business or technical)
- Strong communication, collaboration, & problem-solving abilities
- Must have strong experience working with AB testing tools (e.g.- Optimizely, VWO, Google Optimize, etc)
- Expertise related to A/B testing & experimentation statistics
- Ability to effectively present complex data & concepts to any audience
- Experience leveraging Web Analytics tools (Google Analytics or similar) to derive insights & identify new opportunities for experiments
- Ability to develop strong collaborative partnerships with business stakeholders & engineering a must
- Experience working with an Agile Product Development a strong plus
- Strong working knowledge of SQL a plus
- Experience with Google BigQuery, Data Studio, & Datalab a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.