At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role:
We are seeking an International Trade Compliance Manager to lead a variety of trade compliance initiatives within Cloudflare. The focus will be on developing, implementing & maintaining policies & procedures pertaining to U. S. government programs & regulations in collaboration with the Logistics & Security & Legal Compliance organizations. The International Trade Compliance Manager will play a critical role in mitigating risks associated with import & export operations, & enable a rapidly growing international infrastructure.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Global Trade Compliance, using experience & knowledge of U. S. & foreign trade regulations, as well as other partner governmental agencies, to promote increased compliance within the organization.
- Interface with external vendors: customs brokers, freight forwarders, service providers (including IOR/EOR companies), & regulatory officials to ensure the smooth & complaint handling of all aspects of the companys international shipments.
- Works with cross functional internal stakeholders to resolve operations/transactional issues: Network Strategy, Hardware, Legal Compliance, Security, Tax, Data Center Operations, Logistics, Procurement & external stakeholders, across multiple Cloudflare locations to drive & deliver exceptional service, ensuring uninterrupted customs & supply chain operations.
- Manage & execute the end-to-end logistics process for exports with limited dwell time across the Supply Chain.
- Review proposed export & import transactions to determine licensing requirements under the ITAR, EAR, and/or other US regulations.
- Prepare & submit license & agreement applications to BIS, track & manage the activity on open licenses, & manage restricted/denied party screening process.
- Develop, implement, & maintain corporate policies & procedures, driving company-wide compliance with global trade programs, & support various trade preference programs & initiatives.
- Define & implement metrics for International Trade Compliance operations & develop global trade & logistics processes in support of global supply chain operations.
- Support Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification, Schedule B classification, & Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) determination.
- Lead internal, external, & government-directed compliance audits & assessments, & manage U.S. customs reconciliation program.
- Manage imports & exports compliance record-keeping & reporting efforts, & monitor import/ export compliance activities & procedures around information technology across the entire supply value chain of Cloudflare.
- Determine export jurisdiction & classification of hardware, software, & technology.
- Maintain knowledge of & keep up with US Export & Customs Compliance & Foreign Trade regulations affecting the company & our exports, & educates & trains internal staff on international policy changes & new directives.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge, & experience:
- Previous experience with risk analysis & mitigation programs.
- Experience interacting with BIS, U. S. Customs & other government agencies.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, International Trade, or equivalent.
- U. S. Customs Broker License strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of US Customs Rules & Regulations including product classification, temporary importations, post summary adjustments, preferential trade programs, & Carnets.
- Knowledge of the US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements, as well as CBP/Census requirements for AES filing.
- Regulatory experience with ITAR, EAR & OFAC Sanctions Regulations, Anti-Boycott, Foreign Trade Regulations, & export classification is required.
- Knowledge of import & export regulations of other countries is a plus.
- Experience with cloud services, fast moving software & enterprise solutions.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, with the ability to multi-task & manage complex projects across multiple teams within set deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems & answer questions with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to write, speak, & present effectively & persuasively.
- 3 years experience in managing Software & Hardware related Trade Compliance Programs.
- Familiarity with maintaining trade master data in enterprise resourcing planning (ERP) systems & related databases.
- 5+ years relevant experience with international trade compliance responsibilities in a complex import / export environment.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?