BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a seasoned social video producer to develop, shoot & edit affiliate video content across various channels. This role will focus on cracking new video formats that seamlessly integrate organic product recommendations & tries into video content for social platforms. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic digital native driven to capture new audiences & iterate on wins. You should be a resourceful creative equally capable of overseeing in-studio shoots as well as directing talent remotely. There will also be opportunities to pitch in on branded partnerships. This role reports to the Lead Producer of Affiliate Video & is based in New York or Los Angeles.
- Develop & pitch shoppable video frames with a unique point-of-view that organically integrate product recommendations
- Pilot video formats that integrate organic product recommendations, driving audience conversion across content categories like cooking, DIY, & travel
- Produce, direct & edit mid- & long-form content optimized for social platforms like Facebook & Instagram
- Oversee video shoots, utilizing BuzzFeeds production resources
- Partner with internal BuzzFeed talent to build shows & one-offs around their skills & interests
- Contribute to notes & feedback for other team members' videos
- Create occasional content in response to client RFPs
- Work to meet monthly quotas & help define conversion benchmarks
- Collaborate with teams across the content org to identify affiliate opportunities for various verticals, including, but not limited to, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me & and other flagship BuzzFeed brands
- Experiment with new ideas & pivot focus when necessary
- Experience producing & editing live-action video content for a variety of social platforms
- An eye for shooting compelling video content for the web (DSLR + phone)
- Experience, or an interest in, the world of video commerce & affiliate video as a revenue generator
- A passion for video metrics & the competitive instinct to iterate off of successful ideas & experiments
- Experience working with, & brainstorming around, talent
- Interest and/or background in working with products & review content
- You are self-motivated, epically curious, highly adaptable, & able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Experience or interest in lifestyle, DIY, food and/or travel content is a plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.