Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates economic transformation for high-need, high-potential individuals through our technical training programs. We are not just another coding boot camp. We are a mission-driven organization that goes beyond technical instruction to offer coaching, career development, & employer partnerships that help our Fellows secure high-paying software engineering jobs & thrive in their new careers.
We are One Big Team
The passionate & collaborative team at Pursuit gives its all to achieve our mission. And its not just staff. We work with employer partners that love hiring our Fellows because they are so well prepared, ranging from big financial firms to scrappy startups, & everything in between. We also activate & engage hundreds of volunteers that come from all areas of the tech industry. These experts & professionals help keep our curriculum fresh & our standards for achievement high by participating in our admissions process, as well as program-specific activities such as interview training, DemoDays, Hackathons, & Capstone projects.
About the Role
Pursuit is currently seeking a strategic, entrepreneurial Partnerships & Business Development VP to lead the way in doubling our revenue in 2023. This role will be instrumental in Pursuits growth, & we are looking for a leader who will be strategic & tactical in owning & building this area of our business. You will be directly responsible for generating revenue from a variety of sources by developing new partnerships & growing existing relationships, coaching a team of business development & account management professionals, & bringing best practices into Pursuit. You should have experience building teams, defining & launching operational processes, & achieving revenue-based targets. As a member of the management team, the Partnerships & Business Development Director will be an organizational leader & have incredible impact on Pursuits growth trajectory. Our ideal candidate has an impressive track record as a leader in sales, business development, or partnerships & a strong enthusiasm for Pursuits mission.
- Lead & drive partnership & business development strategies to increase revenue for Pursuit
- Identify opportunities for partnerships with entities who are excited to share in Pursuits mission & build meaningful, new relationships
- Define & progress partners through the Pursuit partnership lifecycle, achieving milestones to meet internal goals
- Structure, negotiate, & close new partnership deals
- Manage & grow existing relationships with partners to maximize value on all sides
- Build infrastructure, processes, & best practices to support the work of partnership & business development, including the introduction of tools & systems as needed
- Work collaboratively with leaders across the organization to define & refine offerings to ensure quality for partners
- Oversee, grow, & train a team of business development & account management professionals
- Set, measure, & reach goals, plans, & KPIs for the partnerships & business development team
- Represent Pursuit externally, generating enthusiasm & new leads at every opportunity
- Oversee the ideation, planning, & production of revenue-generating events
- At least 10 years of professional experience in business development, partnerships, and/or sales
- At least 3 years of experience in a management position, including responsibility for hiring & building a business development, partnerships, and/or sales team
- Incredible relationship-builder with an ability to engage, connect, & maintain relationships with a wide diversity of individuals
- Expert understanding of & well-developed skills in sales, partnerships, & business development, including identifying leads, building relationships, storytelling, negotiating, closing, account management, etc.
- Experienced manager who has built a team & enjoys coaching, mentoring, & ensuring the successful performance of a team
- Proven track record of building new business relationships & signing significant deals
- Comfortable & capable with both developing strategies & rolling up your sleeves to execute on them
- Data-driven & results-focused
- Creative, flexible, & solution-oriented
- Extremely motivated & inspired by Pursuits mission
Where youll work: Hybrid: 2 days a week in our HQ in Long Island City & 3 days wherever you work best.
Compensation: OTE will be between $300,000-$400,000
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, & recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
- Great culture where transparency, respect, teamwork, & kindness are valued
- Competitive compensation in base, plus bonus & a full benefits package
- 401k plus match
- Unlimited PTO & an all-Pursuit week-long holiday the last week of December
- An opportunity to work at the intersection of tech & social impact, & make a direct impact on the communities of those we serve.
Pursuit values diversity:
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds & experiences, & we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives & affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.