Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Project Manager to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You will lead a team to strategize & implement a portfolio of projects that span across Insurance Operations & other important partners. You will lead project coordination & management from creation to completion & post implementation reviews.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Insurance Operations.
- Work with project sponsors & Insurance Operations teams to scope & develop deliverables, detailed work plans, resource needs, budget, & timing for projects
- Lead project teams & the end-to-end management of multiple projects
- Analyze project risks, develop recommendations for risk mitigation & communicate risk mitigation options to management & collaborators
- Implement & lead process improvements that markedly move us towards operational excellence
- Develop understanding of Insurance Operations team, both operationally & culturally, to help identify requirements & opportunities for improvement projects
- Introduce tools, best practices & systems to support more efficient project management & execution
- Develop budgets & timelines that ensure we are satisfying established business & program goals
- Lead team to ensure successful execution & support their professional & personal success through development.
- 4 year university degree or commensurate experience
- 5+ years of project management/process-oriented operations work experience (lean operations, project management)
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- 3+ years experience using data software such to analyze project performance & risks & developing reports for management & partners
- Experience working in service-oriented teams
- PMP/Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Management consulting or healthcare experience
- Metrics-driven project management approach, always guiding partners towards 'zero defects'
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.