Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections & the exchange of helpful information, goods, & services. Nextdoors purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth & the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important & useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, & Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
Nextdoor's Advertising team is a diverse, hungry, & strategic group of neighbors focused on partnering with national brands to connect them with our community of members through our growing portfolio of advertising products. The team culture mirrors the larger business focus, relying on building trusted connections both internally as well as with our partners in order to drive campaigns & executions that add value to our members lives while simultaneously driving results for our brand partners. We believe that in order to succeed we must attract & develop smart, capable, & passionate employees, while also creating an environment where they can thrive & grow.
The Impact Youll Make
The Neighborhood Advertising Center is the platform offering aimed primarily at mid-market advertisers. You as an Account Executive will develop & build a pipeline & drive new business through the full sales cycle (from prospecting to closing). To succeed in this role, you will need a deep understanding of brand storytelling, experience with social & native advertising, & an extensive network of national & regional brands. You are ambitious & thrive in a startup environment, with a demonstrated ability to build detailed sales & revenue generation plans, while also being able to roll up your sleeves & execute tactically. If this sounds like you, come join our 'hood!
Key Responsibilities for the role are
- Develop integrated brand campaigns that clearly achieve brand objectives, while staying true to the Nextdoor brand & community.
- Consistently meet or exceed revenue quotas.
- Effectively manage client expectations & work with ad operations team to ensure successful campaign performance & client retention.
- Provide thoughtful feedback to internal marketing, product, & engineering teams to drive product innovation.
- Aggressively pursue new prospects, convert inbound leads, & collaborate with our sales development team on new opportunities. Be a hunter.
- Build relationships with key decision-makers across complex national corporations & agency partners.
- Manage a robust pipeline & accurately forecast new business revenue.
What Youll Bring to The House
- 3+ years of experience in advertising sales.
- A track record demonstrating an ability to develop & grow a book of business
- Experience with Salesforce & prospecting tools (e.g., LinkedIn, WINMO).
- Advanced sales, communication, & presentation skills.
- Deep understanding & experience with social & native advertising.
- Successful track record of developing cohesive relationships with marketers & brands, with an active client list of mid-market marketers.
- Strong understanding of branding, brand storytelling, & marketing campaigns aimed at brand awareness & brand perception.
- Demonstrable ability to manage a book of 100+ active spenders & prospects.
- Excellent planning & organizational skills.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.