Are you a process-driven problem solver who loves checking items off your to-do list? Do you thrive on turning inefficiencies into seamless processes? Do you have a knack for foreseeing when a situation could be risky & quickly resolving it in an appropriate manner?
The Broker-Dealer Operations team is at the very center of Betterment & works alongside both customer-facing support & back-end Engineering teams. As a Broker-Dealer Operations Associate, you are excited to support our operations team & play a crucial role in keeping our business growing & running smoothly. You are extremely detail-oriented with a passion for organization. Accountable & proactive by nature, you are adept at thinking on your feet to solve problems in a creative & holistic manner. You will be joining a group of individuals that care deeply about the product, doing the right thing, & motivating others to always keep the common goal in mind. For us, that goal is to ensure that Betterments operations are functioning smoothly while keeping a keen eye for efficiency & iteration.
A Day in the Life:
- Drive daily customer-focused operations, including reviewing & processing account transactions, managing customer onboarding, monitoring risk across the business, & fielding third-party requests
- Suggest improvements to operational processes & ways to make servicing customer requests more efficient & scalable
- Troubleshoot operational problems, investigate why they happened, & collaborate with the engineering team to employ fixes
- Interact with customers on an as-needed basis to resolve operational inquiries
- Collaborate with the Customer Experience team on operational topics to provide a unified customer experience
What We're Looking For:
- Prior experience at a bank/financial institution in back-office operations, finance, investing, or business administration
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets
- Detail-oriented mindset & excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adapt, learn, & problem solve on the fly with limited guidance
- A proactive approach in assessing unclear situations with limited information
- Effective communication skills with the ability to interact with customers empathetically
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health & well-being, & being on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
Youll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing.
Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up & cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge & transparent workspace through mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, & show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to email@example.com
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.