Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Miami-Dade, Seattle, San Francisco, Dallas, & Metro-Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, & go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, & college readiness, & then coordinates action to support each child. Panoramas platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each childs success in school & in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, & family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, & Mark Zuckerberg.
About the Role
We are looking for a Director of Field Sales to lead a team of Outreach Directors (our term for account executives) based out of our Boston office. As the Director of Field Sales, you will ensure that your team meets company-wide revenue targets with the development of territory strategy, co-presenting & coaching for key stakeholder meetings, onboarding new hires, & driving the ongoing professional development of your team.
Youll be an inspiring leader, giving your team constant opportunities to hone their skills, reach their goals, & advance in their careers. Youll help to shape the vision & strategy for continuous sales process improvement & quota attainment; sharing insights from data, optimizing our sales funnel, & making our product come to life through customized demos. As we grow our sales team, the Director of Field Sales will work across the team & with other sales managers, to drive short-term & long-term revenue strategy, collaborating cross-functionally with our Client Success, Marketing, Talent & Product teams to help us grow & evolve as a team.
Our team is actively looking for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups, for example: people of color, first & second generation immigrants, & people from low-income families. In addition, we are looking for the leader of this organization to care deeply about issues of diversity, equity, & inclusion, especially pertaining to hiring & coaching.
In this role, you will:
- Lead & coach a diverse cohort of Outreach Directors & own hiring for your cohort as the business scales
- Be responsible for quarterly revenue performance for the team you manage, & for the company as a whole
- Grow & inspire a positive, collaborative team culture
- Provide continuous support to Outreach Directors through live coaching, co-presenting in meetings, feedback on work with existing opportunities & prospecting, weekly 1x1s, & career development conversations
- Set a strategy for your team & track progress towards weekly, monthly, & quarterly goals for your team including: weekly activities, conversion rates, pipeline generation & revenue booked
- Shape overall revenue planning & strategy as part of the sales management team
- Play a central role in the partnership of the Sales & Client Success teams, informing our client expansion strategies & maximizing pipeline generation
This job is for you if you are:
- An experienced team leader with 3-5 years of proven expertise in building high performing teams that consistently meet & exceed goals
- A strong performer with a track record of goal achievement in closing roles as an individual contributor
- Experienced in creating systems & process, particularly for onboarding, coaching, & professional development
- Familiar & comfortable with presenting to school district leadership teams virtually & in-person
- Passionate about improving education
- Excited to build personalized coaching plans & management strategies for a team of 3-8 that enables them to meet individual & team goals
- Experienced in helping companies & sales teams grow; you've seen processes scale & been actively involved in both their creation & evolution
- An expert with Salesforce & Hubspot & comfortable using those tools to develop revenue strategy
- Comfortable with 20-40% travel
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse & inclusive company because we serve students, educators & families from tremendously diverse backgrounds & identities across the country; weve seen how our product & impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, & we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.