Vimeo supports over 80M registered video creators, 1 billion monthly video views, & hundreds of millions of monthly active users. We are hiring our first Head of Security to build & evangelize a comprehensive security practice across all parts of Vimeo. The role will grow & lead teams across application security, infrastructure security, compliance, & security engineering. As the most senior security professional at Vimeo, youll interact with Vimeos Executive team, & will represent security practices & concerns to internal teams, vendors, clients, & our parent company, IAC.
What you'll do:
- Assess the current state of Vimeos security practices, highlighting areas for immediate & long-term changes
- Develop Vimeos security roadmap across compliance, application security, infrastructure security, & security engineering
- Hire the best security team in the industry, tripling the size of the current team in 2019
- Build a strong security engineering function to effectively identify vulnerabilities in code before pushed to production, investing in automation & machine learning techniques
- Ensure security risk controls are implemented & fully monitored throughout a systems life cycle
- Evangelize security-first practices across all teams building code, & develop processes to address vulnerabilities in production
- Work with vendors across Vimeo to ensure we are protected against risk
- Stay abreast of the shifting security landscape, & communicate across Executive teams to ensure alignment
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years of experience in information security, preferably at a SaaS company
- 5+ years of experience managing medium to large security teams
- Proven experience hiring security professionals
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field. Masters degree highly desirable.
- CISSP, CISM, or other security certification
- Knowledge of & passion for emerging security technologies
- Familiarity with GDPR, experience in a UGC (user generated content) environment
- Record of delivering business-critical projects in accelerated times frames across multiple stakeholders
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories & connect with their audiences & communities. Home to more than 80 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the worlds largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share & sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe & India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.