Conference Center Cook
Were seeking a Conference Center Cook to join our Culinary Team. The Conference Center Cook will report directly to the Executive Chef.
What Youll Do:
As a Conference Center Cook, you will be responsible for preparing, cooking, & serving daily menu items to the clients in Convene locations. This role is also responsible for coordinating food products between stations to ensure completion of orders to customer satisfaction. Conference Center Cooks carry out all responsibilities while maintaining food handling, safety & sanitation standards.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously to ensure all food orders are completed & executed within proper service timing
- Prepare, cook, & serve items in accordance to the recipes while preparing raw ingredients into the finished product & complying with all portion & quality standards
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of daily menu items & explain it to customers accurately
- Ensure quality & visual presentation of food
- Assist other associates to ensure all kitchen duties are completed within given time constraints
- Assist in other areas of the operation as needed
- Ensure all proper steps of service are following in accordance to Convene standards
- Prepare any catering orders that are placed
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization & proper food handling
What We Look For:
- Minimum High School diploma/GED
- Minimum 1 year Cook experience in a related role
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of culinary
- Strong cooking & knife skills required
- Positive & enthusiastic approach to all assignments
- Works well with others
- Good communication skills
- Presentation & customer service skills imperative
- Cheerful & helpful manner when dealing with customers
- Flexible & long hours sometimes required; rotating work schedule that may include nights & weekends
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull & place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
- Reach overhead & below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, & stooping
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Who We Are:
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major cities. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
For more information: Take a peek into Convenes NYC headquarters & learn more about our award-winning culture in NASDAQs Cultural Capital web series, take a tour of our largest location, & read a case study on how Convene has reinvented commercial real estate.
- Certified Great Place to Work 2017-2020
- 2019 Fortune Magazine #7 Best Workplace in New York
- One of Magazines Best Workplaces 2018
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- 2017 Fortune Magazine #11 Best Workplace in New York
- One of LinkedIns Most In-Demand Startups
- One of Forbes Most Promising Companies
- One of Crains New York Fastest Growing Companies
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off during the month of your birthday
- 401K match
- Discounts on phone plans & gym memberships
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.