KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
Senior Business Process & MDM Analyst
The individual chosen to fill this Senior Business Analyst role will be part of the Master Data Management team supporting the Master Data Management Governance Processes & tools, help define the process for central management (creation, consolidation, validation, enrichment & correction) of data areas such as organizations & instruments that are classified as master data for Katerra. The purpose of this position is to build business/functional requirements, analyzing data for master data management capabilities to ensure data integrity for the organizations referential data & operational needs. The candidate shall act as a senior business process analyst, data analyst, system analyst & subject matter advisor, engaging a diverse set of business & technology groups. This person must provide business analysis expertise in capturing use cases, work closely with developers to provide the requirements & ensure its adherence to it, & provide subject matter expertise in support of all other teams in the effort. The role requires in-depth & sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking, problem definition, & development of innovative solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand the needs of the business & coordinate/facilitate working sessions with stakeholders to elicit & create business/functional requirements document and/or any additional supporting/supplemental documentation that will help dev team provide an effective implementation.
- Understand flow & usage of master data by upstream & downstream systems & business functions.
- Define the data input, processing/enrichment & output requirements associated with system & data interfaces needed to satisfy the business/functional requirements.
- Support requirements activities by providing end-to-end analysis with respect to data requirements, data flows, data modeling, workflow context & design.
- Perform data profiling; identify/communicate data quality issues & work with other teams as needed to resolve them. Take ownership of issues & proactively see them through from end to end.
- Continuously improve subject matter expertise in the business area being supported, sufficient to become a trusted advisor to the business stakeholders
- Resolve any conflicts with requirements between business units or between business & technology.
- Obtain necessary signoffs & manage change requests.
- Maintain a strong understanding of business processes, strategies, & data needs as well as IT capabilities & capacity, & participate in filtering & prioritizing requests accordingly.
- Develop & maintain strong relationships; keep clients informed & engaged throughout the project lifecycle.
- Design, lead and/or support UAT for data process changes.
- Advise business on data discrepancy clean-ups.
- Keeping the team leader consistently & proactively informed of project progress, risk, & issues.
Required Skills & Experience
- Previous experience with master data processes & policies
- Strong Business & Analytical skill for complex problem solving, demonstrated ability to understand the business problem & to use analytical skills to research & resolve by providing solutions, alternatives quickly, & set prioritizations.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in business process & data model design. Must have prior experience in business analysis & worked as a liaison between Business & IT as a part of the software development process.
- Excellent communication skills both written & oral, including very good presentation skills.
- Must be highly organized & detail-oriented.
- Data analysis
- Ability to work both independently & as part of a team.
- Possesses strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects & priorities simultaneously
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Relevant experience in enterprise level reference/master data & metadata program
- Fundamental understanding of Master Data Management approaches & software applications
- Multiple full lifecycle implementation of MDM projects & understanding of MDM best practices
- SAP HANA background
- Experience training new users on a new system or process
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving, organization & project management skills
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks & work within deadlines with little supervision
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.