Juul Labs mission is to impact the lives of the worlds one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the worlds most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, & innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose & we are hiring the worlds best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, & customer service & business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Project Manager, Packaging Development at JUUL Labs leads program delivery efforts with enthusiasm, collaboration & attention to detail. Further, he/she is motivated by elevating quality & capabilities for speed-to-market. The daily goal is to drive excellence in communication through clear requirements & comprehensive timelines with regular progress updates. Project Managers, Packaging Development, will take direct ownership of mission critical projects & be required to produce results in a timely manner.
- Coordinate & lead cross-functional teams to drive & deliver on packaging development programs
- Define suitable strategies & objectives for programs to meet market & business needs
- Work to create & maintain the program schedule, ensuring key milestones from different disciplines are aligned
- Identify time & resources needed for various programs & special projects
- Facilitate decision making & escalate when necessary
- Ensure correct packaging BOM set-up in PLM systems
- Partner with key teams, including Engineering, Legal & Brand to ensure feasibility of new & sustaining packaging.
- Distill objectives into actionable results every day
- Bridge communication, facilitate decision making among key stakeholders
- Apply best practices in anticipating change & planning risk mitigation
- Assess historical performance to drive continuous improvement of future performance
- Facilitate agreement & reconciliation of project-level budgets
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams for sustaining & new packaging efforts
- Experience in high-volume consumer packaged goods (CPG)
- Validation of print technologies including pre-press, proofing & final production
- Experience with packaging design process, systems & tools
- Detail oriented, highly organized both personally & at the team/project level
- Outstanding leadership, adapting to new information & assessing impact
- Strong strategic thinking & communication skills
- Launch & maintenance of international products
KEY ATTRIBUTES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- Ability to listen & learn
- Strength in problem solving, issue resolution
- Attention to detail in rapid development cycles with challenging goals
- Ability to influence & motivate a diverse set of people & expectations
- Ability to distill opinions into facts to produce better results
- Ability to roll up sleeves & do what needs doing
- Bachelors degree and/or other experience in packaging technology, product development, or a related field
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. Well help you set big goals - & exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed & supportive teammates
- Equity & performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks & drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits & discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
Juul Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive work environment for all employees & job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Juul Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration & Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Juul Labs in the US.