The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room & flexible work hours.
At The RealReal we are building a world class DevOps team to support the growth of the Company & the Engineering team. You will be exposed to the latest technology, a pervasive data-driven culture, while immersed in a friendly, helpful engineering organization. As a member of a small team, youll be able to shape the evolution of our technology stack & represent our team to the rest of the organization.
As part of the DevOps team, you will help develop our infrastructure & code pipelines. Major projects may include platform migrations, disaster recovery deployments, & more. Bring your thorough, practiced understanding of DevOps & help shape The RealReals production infrastructure & Engineering culture.
This full time, permanent position is based out of our San Francisco HQ or New York offices & reports to the Director of Technical Operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, build & evolve our production infrastructure, strategically employing automation, & infrastructure-as-code. Use depth of cloud experience to put together elegant designs that the team will enjoy supporting.
- Design, build & evolve our code pipelines, designing & building automation in order to enable agile software development, using self-service where possible.
- Collaborate efficiently & effectively with Engineers & Product teams on complex problems involving functionality & scaling/performance. Drive ad-hoc troubleshooting teams towards solutions & proper rollouts.
- Advocate for & ensure compliance with 12 Factor methodology in our apps.
- Quickly absorb context & tribal knowledge while ramping up & using that to build or bolster documentation. Understand & coalesce information sources for effectiveness.
- Keep a strong level of quality & velocity in your work, while collaborating & reporting when appropriate.
- Exercise & promote security best practices throughout your workflow.
- Participate in an on-call rotation on a regular basis & respond to incidents reliably & professionally.
- 5+ yrs DevOps or Systems Administration experience.
- 3+ yrs experience with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, GCP).
- 2+ yrs Automation experience using popular languages (bash, python, etc).
- 2+ yrs professional experience with UNIX-based Operating Systems.
- Experience building Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment workflows.
- Experience tuning & troubleshooting performance for high traffic web services.
- Proficient with crafting concise & professional communications during emergency production infrastructure incidents.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of common network protocols, including HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, SSL/TLS, & relevant diagnostic tools.
- Understanding of database fundamentals & experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Understanding of git & Github workflows.
- Understanding of packaging, deployment, & support of containerized (Docker) applications.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience deploying microservices environments.
- Experience converting applications to run in Docker containers, & with orchestration layers.
- Experience using terraform with multiple providers and/or integrated with a build/release system.
- Experience in software development.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree.