About The Role & Team
If you are someone who is passionate about data, solving customer pain, democratizing product analytics & experimentation by providing it to the masses, working in a fast -paced environment & constantly innovating & learning as well as mentoring & growing our amazing managers & team members, we would love to talk to you.
We are looking for an experienced leader to lead & expand our engineering team focusing on experimentation products that will allow customers to define, execute & evaluate their product experiments & bet. You will report directly to the Senior VP of Engineering & work cross-functionally closely with leaders within engineering, product, go-to-market teams, & finance as well as our customers to understand the needs & identify areas that we can add more value to our customers. You will be expected to develop a cohesive Vision & Strategy for the team that will evolve over time.
- Be a mentor for the first line managers in your team & help them grow.
- Hire & mentor engineers including backend, frontend, SDK & full stack developers.
- Work cross functionally with several teams including engineering, product & go-to-market
- Define the vision, strategy & roadmap of the team, & lead the team on delivering the vision
- Set up the right processes to deliver our roadmap, scale our team & maintain our culture
Skills & Experiences:
- Prior experience working in a fast-growing organization, & enjoy leading an evolving team
- Prior hands-on experience as a leader of a team delivering customer facing products.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities & strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to grow, develop, & retain top talent.
- Deep understanding of development processes & methodologies.
- Belief that great engineering management starts with building trust & empathy, & ultimately succeeds by being able to challenge the team to grow & excel.
- Demonstrated experience in working with several organizations & aligning goals, strategy & objectives.
- Successful track record as an exceptional communicator & comfortable in presenting to both business & technical executives.
- At least 4 years of leadership experience in technology organizations.
- BS Computer Science or similar fields
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another & the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, & humility are core to the way we work: were tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, & we operate from a place of empathy & openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, & a full 10-year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, & grow their business. Were super proud of what weve built & continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator & other top tier investors.
- 25+ of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, & Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), Amsterdam, London, Paris & Singapore
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, & graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitudes D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, the ability to solve complex problems, & drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, & human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.