At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
We are looking to hire a senior level Risk Management Specialist to help build out our San Francisco based Governance, Risk, & Compliance team. This role will be responsible for identifying & managing security risk across Cloudflares production environment & critical business functions.
At Cloudflare, risk management lays the foundation for protecting Cloudflare & our customers. The Risk Management team identifies risk throughout the company & prioritizes mitigation efforts to drive Security team priorities. We do not believe in tick-box security, so for us risk management is a pathway to doing things right.
This will be a chance to work on real security problems in a Billion dollar business. We guarantee that you wont get bored.
What you'll do
- Support Cloudflares Security Risk Management Program through annual risk assessments & maintenance of the risk register
- Assist with Third Party Risk Management through vendor reviews
- Support the migration of Risk Management processes & data to a GRC tool
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to complete security projects
- Work with the Compliance team to support internal & external audits
- Monitor the effectiveness of information security controls & support of continuous improvement
- Provide input into the Cloudflare Risk Management Strategy
- Assist in developing security roadmaps
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Senior level Security Risk Management experience typically gained in 4-7 years experience working on a Security Risk Management team
- Solid understanding of technical security controls
- Experience with cloud security architectures & technologies
- Experience working with one or more of the following security frameworks: SOC 2, ISO 27001, PCI DSS, NIST 800-53
- Ability to work independently & succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills to support cross-functional projects with internal stakeholders
- Desire to work with cutting edge technology & learn new products & features quickly
- CISSP, CISM, CCNA, CCNP is a plus
- Some travel required to engage regulators.
What Makes Us Special
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.