Were looking for a Director of Project Management & Post Production to join NowThis, within Group Nine Media! As a member of the Production & Operations team, youll oversee & directly manage Project Managers & their workflows as well as freelance & staff Post Production team members in edit, media management & archive. Youll be based in our New York City office & report to the VP of Production & Operations. This role will be managing project managers & post production staff and/or freelance, & be a key player in recruiting & hiring for their team in the future.
The Director of Post Production & Project Management will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nines values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close & Win Together.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope & within budget
- Work with Producers, Editors, Production & Operations & Project Managers team to optimize editorial processes.
- Partner with the Supervising Producers & VP of Production/Ops to project manage the assigned greenlit concepts.
- Liaise with external partners & internal stakeholders & as the point of contact for deliverables, scheduling, requirements & client relations.
- Maintain technical standards across the Editorial Department & Post Production
- Create, maintain & implement the Post-Production handbook.
- Work with Supervising Producers & Production team to plan out the project resources for each project or piece of content; map out what kind of production resources will be needed, edit time, & provide a roll-out proposal & calendar.
- Work closely with Producers, Writers, Editors, Sound Editor, & outside facilities to organize, prioritize, export & upload deliverables.
- Work with the VP of Production to track the budgets for shows, projects & partnerships.
- Work closely with the Design team to facilitate & track needs & deliverables, ensuring quality control.
- Be the direct line between the Editorial team & the Publishing team on publishing needs, deliverables, & ensure projects are meeting requirements for each platform.
- Continuously audit industry best-practices & optimize processes accordingly.
- Oversee the post-production archive & content library.
- Work alongside the Production Team to oversee asset backup & retention procedures.
- Working with the leadership of the Production & Operations team to execute all other duties, as assigned.
- Manage the deliverables for internal & external productions including cost reporting, video and promotional assets, legal & external partner specific documentation.
- Create & maintain quality control workflows on master files for delivery.
- Collect & distribute project performance through weekly & monthly insights reporting, as needed.
- Ensure compliance with project deadlines & specifications as outlined by leadership
- Work with the SVP of Production & Supervising Producers to identify & execute a successful sponsored editorial both pre & post sale.
- Own & be accountable for strategically managing the workload & performance of project managers & post production staff and/or freelance, & be a key player in recruiting & hiring for their team in the future.
- Understanding of production & post-production operational workflows
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment & manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Project management experience preferably at a media company
- Expertise in Adobe Premiere a must.
- 5-7 years in a production management/post-production role for television broadcast, cable network, film & or digital media.
- Ability to work well under pressure, be flexible as the job requires & be solution-oriented.
- Highly computer literate, with experience of relevant office & project management tools
NICE TO HAVES:
- Expertise in Airtable, Excel
- Proficiency with Adobe After Effects, Photoshop.
- Experience in technical production e with in-depth knowledge of colorspace, editorial post, finishing & grading.
- Experience with digital asset management systems a plus.
- Familiarity with demanding media & entertainment workflows a plus.
Why Work at Group Nine:
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted. We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
NowThis is the #1 mobile news brand in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. They have a singular mission: to make news engaging & relevant for young adults by humanizing our complicated world. By providing insightful context from a youth perspective, NowThis has revolutionized how news is consumed today. Launched in 2012, NowThis entertaining, inspiring & informative videos are created for a mobile generation & receive over 2.6 billion monthly views [platform analytics, June 2020]. In December 2016, NowThis joined forces with Thrillist, The Dodo & Seeker to form Group Nine Media -- the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.