As a Senior Product Manager at Convene, you will be responsible for designing, building, & scaling digital products across the organization. Youll be the quarterback for defining & building our internal tools that our business relies on. Youll work on a broad range of business initiatives & objectives by leveraging a wide set of technologies & tools. Our developers, product managers & stakeholders work in an agile process to efficiently deliver high value solutions to our customers.
- Interested in creating great process, an engine with many parts that runs flawlessly.
- Someone who enjoys working with a team of inspired, interesting & super-smart engineers & designers.
- Excited to contribute in a rapidly growing & successful company.
- You know how to have fun while you work.
- Interested in joining a dynamic, creative, & innovative tech organization at the ground level
- Is a self-starter with a can do attitude
- You take ownership of products & projects & drive them to completion.
What Youll do
- Initiate & maintain relationships within Convene to understand the business needs & translate findings to an actionable roadmap
- Clearly communicate business challenges & proposed solutions to internal teams & stakeholders; articulate how the solutions address our needs & challenges
- Own the feature backlog for the software components, prioritized by working with internal & external customers & stakeholders to understand their needs
- Strategize, set goals & direction for the product & communicate via product roadmap
- Lead workshops with the operations/sales teams to explain the business value of a set of features & drive consensus around how we should solve business problems
- Be ready to address any business questions the teams have about the planned features
- Prepare & deliver compelling & informative demonstrations to share what we have built to stakeholders & elicit feedback
- Work closely with our technology team leads to ensure effective execution of plans & roadmaps
- Innovate. We constantly improve our core products & turn a prescient eye to the industry.
- Identify & implement process improvements; clearly illustrate the process improvements in easy to understand flowcharts.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience in iterative Agile development methodologies, Scrum preferably
- Familiarity with Salesforce & back end systems
- The ability to work with highly technical teams & effectively pass information on required features that lead to successful implementation
- The ability to work with non-technical teams in a consultative capacity to quickly learn new concepts & provide software solutions using effective verbal & written communication skills including presentation skills
- The ability to gather requirements from stakeholders & clearly articulate the vision for each product release
- The ability to anticipate, identify & ensure resolution of possible technical & business implications of each release
- Enjoys working within a team environment
- Has a fun personality & the desire to be a part of the next big thing
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Other recent accolades include:
- 2017-2019 Certified Great Place to Work
- 2018 Fortune Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- #30 in 2017 LinkedIn List of Most In-Demand Startups
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee
- Supportive work environment & leaders who are focused on your professional growth
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth. Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Flexible PTO & family leave
- 401k match
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, & perspectives.