Squarespace is looking for passionate backend engineers to build & scale the backend systems that power millions of Squarespace websites. We firmly believe that design is not merely "how it looks" but "how it works." A great product is reliable, performant, & scales with the growth of the customer base & the team.
The Protection Platforms team focuses on developing scalable distributed systems to protect our customers. If you are a server-side engineer who enjoys or is interested in working on ensuring the integrity & ownership of our customer's data, we want to hear from you! You will report to the Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
As a Protection Platforms Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Architect & implement systems to scan & remove malicious content from our platforms
- Develop anti-abuse platforms to protect our products from bad actors
- Set coding standards for data protection & privacy across the company
- Collaborate with other engineers & teams to ensure the successful adoption of data privacy best practices
- Write testable, readable & maintainable server-side code
- Mentor junior team members
Who we're looking for...
You will succeed as a Protection Platforms Senior Software Engineer if you
- Have 5+ years experience developing production systems using Java
- Enjoy working on cross team initiatives
- Have experience developing in a large-scale distributed systems environment
- Have experience with microservice architecture design
- Understand SQL & NoSQL database schema design, caching & scalability
- Experience with queues & stream-processing technologies such as RabbitMQ & Kafka
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Squarespace is the all-in-one platform with everything to sell anything, providing customers in approximately 200 countries & territories with all the tools they need to sell physical products, digital content, classes, appointments, reservations & more. Powered by best-in-class design for a consistent brand experience across all touchpoints, our suite of fully integrated products enables anyone to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California, & Chicago, Illinois.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.