Here at Appian, were passionate about automation, speed, & efficiency; & the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution & communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, & partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
Our Business Technology team is looking for an Audio Visual Engineer to support video conference meeting solutions for all conference spaces within Appian offices, & serve as a broadcast or AV subject matter expert at large. They will own the delivery, setup, testing, & operations of AV equipment for Appian events around the world, & be the point-of-contact on troubleshooting any day-to-day equipment issues. Were looking for someone customer oriented, professional, & with an interest in partnering with the organization to provide high quality meetings & events.
This role is based at Appian's Headquarters in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment. It will also include occasional travel to support Appian events & offices around the world.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Support meetings in all conference spaces within HQ & video conference meeting solutions.
- Serve as a Broadcast/Audio Visual subject matter expert on high level events.
- Deliver, set-up, test, & operate audio-visual equipment for large scale events.
- Educate staff & customers on the basics of all AV equipment in the facility.
- Monitor & respond to queries via IT Service Desk cases, chat, email, & phone.
- Maintain & troubleshoot equipment issues, sometimes providing on-call resolution for mission critical AV issues. Document solutions within the case management system.
- Keep AV storerooms organized & well managed.
- Travel occasionally (1-5 times a year) to support Appian events & offices around the world.
Some of the tools & resources we will equip you with include:
- A wide variety of growth & development opportunities, including our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Presentation Skills training, & tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- Travel around the country & world to support global Appian events & offices in London, Sydney, & more!
- Immersing you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong & growing! Appian affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Hybrid working arrangement & flexible working hours.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in an AV or information technology field - or professional experience within a similar capacity.
- 2-5+ years professional experience as an AV technician, preferably in a corporate office environment
- Familiarity with digital conferencing technologies: Google Meet (preferred) Zoom, Webex, BlueJeans & Teams.
- Experience with AV equipment such as QSC, Creston, Extron, Blackmagic, Epiphan Pearl & PTZ Cameras.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.