Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Software Engineer to be a key member of our Consumer Trust team in San Francisco. You will also help us build solutions that prevent fraud & abuse, ensuring that Twilio is the leader in trusted communications. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, collaborate optimally, can mentor junior engineers & operate highly resilient services.
Twilio is looking for a candidate who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading M&A transactions. They also have:
- A Masters or Bachelors degree required.
- 5+ years of experience developing highly-available web applications or distributed systems in Scala/Java, Python.
- Experience developing RESTful services.
- Experience with streaming systems such as Kafka, Flink, Spark
- Hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL databases & caches.
- Experience developing products on AWS or Google Cloud Services.
- Strong expertise in solving complex production issues.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, & communication skills.
- Experience automating CI/CD pipelines.
- Expertise in configuration management for deploying, configuring, & handling servers & systems.
- Strong belief in automation over toil.
As a Software Engineer:
- Work with a small & collaborative team, whiteboarding ideas, building APIs, products used to protect Twilio & its customers, as well save significant revenue loss while contributing to customer engagement & consumer trust.
- Help more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, & positively influencing their careers.Work on full-stack development of platform tools & web services.
- Write unit tests & functional tests in a continuous delivery environment.
- Manage highly critical risk platform tools & vendor applications in the cloud.
- Own reliability for the teams services & participate in an on-call rotation.
- Should be able to adapt to prioritizing multiple issues in a high-pressure environment.
- Should be able to understand complex architectures & be comfortable working with different teams.
- Ability to conduct performance analysis, capacity management & solve large scale distributed systems.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, & video by virtualizing the worlds telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications.
The Consumer Trust Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. Our mission is to prevent consumer harm by offering products & services that protect our customers & help them authenticate their users. We also ensure that every call, email & message that is made using our service is wanted, safe & legal. To do this we need to continue to develop & evolve our products & services & ensure they are able to scale; driving Twilio to new heights of scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Include for all Denver Office postings
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Salary: $109,824 to $151,008
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $96,096 - $132,132
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilios benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you & your loved ones. Its likely that you dont think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, & we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance & Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of lifes moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses & activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks