WHO WE ARE
BaubleBar is the first fashion accessories brand to leverage real-time data across the entire design process, establishing itself as the go-to brand for unparalleled selection & style guidance at a guilt-free price point. Formally launched in 2011, BaubleBar has since expanded into a unique multi-channel, multi-brand, & multi-category company. Company culture is built on trust, empowerment, & autonomy - teams create what they believe is most important for the company's success. The Companys original guiding mission still rings true today fashion should be fun! BaubleBar is committed to keeping experimenting with trends easier than ever.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
Ideal candidates are entrepreneurially-minded self-starters with a demonstrated passion for beautiful photography. The BaubleBar team is comprised of individuals who thrive on finding intriguing solutions to ambiguous problems, possess the desire to dive in & learn in a fast-paced environment, & are considerate of one another. Interested candidates should work well in a flat organization & excel at communicating with individuals across a diverse range of disciplines.
The primary responsibility of the Junior Photographer is to capture product & on figure photography for BaubleBar e-com & wholesale partner websites. Other responsibilities include the coordination of samples to support the creative team with all additional photoshoot needs & assets, ensuring all products are organized & photographed on time.
You will learn everything that is involved in a high-volume studio setting & help build a studio that supports our rapidly growing company & its needs.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO
BaubleBar is seeking a full-time, in-house Junior Photographer. This role will work alongside our Visual Director to capture photography according to brand guidelines, as well as prepare all image files for migration to the live ecommerce environment. This individual will be responsible for maintaining a brand consistency of imagery & color, as well as file renaming & cropping according to product references. This individual will also require a keen eye for detail & quality control. The Junior Photographer will report to the Visual Director & work closely with the Photo Retoucher & the Marketing department.
While our New York City headquarters is currently working remotely, we are looking for a local candidate who is periodically able & willing to shoot onsite in our photography studio located in the Flatiron area. To complete other photo shoots from home, you should have either a home studio or adequate space in your residence for company provided photography equipment & product layout.
- Photograph products for web as per the company brand guidelines
- Photograph editorial on-figure & still life shoots.
- Be able to light reflective & complex surfaces
- Style jewelry as per the company style guide
- Process files (organizing, naming, cropping, sizing & color correcting)
- Ensure all products are photographed on time
- Organize & maintain product for all photoshoots
- Help gather product samples for Creative Team
- Keep the studio & prop closet organized at all times
- Production assistance for still life, on model & editorial shoots
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- 1-2 years experience working in a high volume, deadline-driven production environment-fashion & product ecommerce industry experience preferred
- Required knowledge of Capture One as well as Adobe Photoshop & Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work quickly without sacrificing overall image quality
- Knowledge of Profoto Strobes & Canon DSLR photo equipment
- Knowledge to shoot video on DSLR
- Video editing & color correction knowledge & experience is not a required qualification but preferred.
- Photo retouching knowledge is not required but preferred.
- Adaptability to learn new tools & processes
- Strong project & process management skills
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Ability to multitask & work in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills both written & verbal
- Must be organized, detail oriented & thrive in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Must be able to troubleshoot & be solution oriented
- Excellent eye for detail
- A local candidate with the ability to complete initial training on-site in our Photo Studio located in the Flatiron Area
*** All applicants must attach an online portfolio or PDF with relevant photography samples.