Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were making homeownership simpler, faster & most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what its like to buy & own a home in this country, were building things that dont exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, were one of Crains Best Places to work
- Were #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 ons 2019 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, & others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
You will be at the frontline (literally) of the office, giving our visitors their first in-person impression of Better. In addition to settling guestseveryone from candidates, investors, VIPs, & morein our always-neat reception area, your daily tasks will include opening the office, resetting conference rooms, answering the phone, managing delivery handlers & closing the office.
This is a part time opportunity! Receptionists will be working in shifts. Available shifts will be spread out between the hours of 7:00AM - 7PM M-F.
The ideal candidate will be a highly-organized, outgoing communicator, capable of delivering best-in-class service while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment.
- You have at least one year prior experience in customer service.
- You have excellent communication skills & arent afraid to ask questions when you need help.
- You enjoy learning & can quickly get up to speed on any topic.
- You pay attention to detail & are extremely organized, even when things get crazy.
- You think outside of the box in difficult situations: giving up is never an option.
- Works well independently & is able to work in collaborative environments.
- You have a passion for event planning & will work to build a Better culture.
- You will assist in maintaining a safe, clean, & compliant office.
- You understand that small menial tasks are just as important as the bigger initiatives.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.