Senior Data Engineer, Programmatic & Platform Products
New York, NY
Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data & analytics that authenticates the quality & effectiveness of digital media for the world's largest brands & media platforms. DV provides media transparency & accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will use industry standards & cutting-edge technology to build & enhance our world-class programmatic & platform products. You analyze vast amounts of historical data to continuously improve predictions used to optimize & authenticate the quality of an ad impression in real time. You ensure industry-leading scalability & reliability of mission-critical systems processing billions of real-time transactions a day. You apply state of the art technologies, frameworks, & strategies to address complex challenges with Big Data, batch / stream processing & analytics.
What youll do
- Join a great team of motivated engineers that develops critical high performance, large scale services for DoubleVerify's Programmatic integrations & Platform product.
- Architect, design & build big data processing platforms handling tens of TBs/Day, serves thousands of clients & supports advanced analytic workloads.
- Explore the technological landscape for new ways of producing, processing, & analyzing data in order to gain insights into both our users & our product features
- Design, develop, & test data-driven products, features, & APIs supporting ultra high throughput & extreme low-latency (<10 ms response times)
- Understand business needs & work with product owners to establish priorities
- Bridge the gap between Business / Product requirements & technical details
- Work in multi-functional agile teams with end-to-end responsibility for product development & delivery
Who you are
- A team-player that enjoys sharing what you learn with others & receiving the same in return.
- Appreciate that engineering is all about tradeoffs & realize there is a time & place for streaming, batch, & offline.
- Strong project management & organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly prototype & perform critical analysis & use creative approaches for solving complex problems.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Have a B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field and/or equivalent practical experience in Data Engineering.
- Have strong software development chops & deliver tested & scalable code in at least one language such as Java, Python, or Scala.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge & practical experience with popular relational SQL & NoSQL databases & concepts.
- Experience building & optimizing large scale distributed big data systems, pipelines, & data processing.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, & highly scalable big data data stores.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing & extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Samza, Kafka (Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams, ksqlDB), Snowflake, Airflow, etc.
- Software engineering experience & discipline in design, test, source code management & CI/CD practices.
- Experience with containerization including Dockers & Kubernetes
- Experience with a public cloud offering (Amazon Web Services/AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform/GCP)
- Experience and/or exposure with Ad Tech & standards is a plus