Database & Compound Manager (ProteoVant Therapeutics)
Roivant is a global biopharma company improving health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines & technologies to patients. We do this by building Vants nimble, independent, entrepreneurial companies with a unique approach to sourcing talent, aligning incentives, & deploying technology. Roivant recently created a new Vant in Protein Degradation, ProteoVant Therapeutics, through the acquisition of a leading protein degradation company, the investment of its own capital & $200 million of outside capital, as well as the creation of an experienced management team to build ProteoVant into a leading, independent protein degrader company.
ProteoVant Therapeutics is a newly launched development-stage biotech company focusing on the discovery & development of disease-modifying therapies by harnessing natural protein homeostasis processes. We recently acquired numerous novel, protein degrader programs that are in discovery & preclinical development through our acquisition of Oncopia Therapeutics, a protein degradation company initially focused on oncology indications. Our lead program(s) in oncology may enter the clinic as early as late 2021. The company recently secured $200M in funding from SK Holdings in addition to investment from Roivant Sciences.
In addition to ProteoVants preclinical & discovery protein degrader programs & its deep relationship with the lab of Dr. Shaomeng Wang at the University of Michigan, Proteovant is enhancing its drug discovery engine to accelerate development by combining deep drugging expertise with innovative technology platforms including VantAI (Roivants AI platform) & Silicon Therapeutics (Roivants physics-driven drug design platform).
Our current therapeutic focus includes oncology, immunology, & CNS, with planned expansion into additional therapeutic areas in the near future. ProteoVant is rapidly expanding its discovery & development teams in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, DMPK, bioinformatics, toxicology & CMC at many levels. Our R&D organization is primarily located close to major pharmaceutical companies in the Philadelphia area where we are building state-of-the-art labs & office space. We also maintain offices in New York City, with remote work a possibility for certain positions. Please send your resumes or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information on ProteoVant please see our one-page overview here
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Reporting to: Head of Pre-Clinical R&D & Chief Scientific Officer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Member of informatics team that is responsible for bioinformatics, cheminformatics, database management, data quality control
- Managing company database systems, including ELN, compound management system, data visualization software as well as compound management software
- Register compounds and/or supervise compound registration of external partners
- Quality control of & upload biological data generated by external partners into company database
- Manage information flow & compound flow among multiple CROs in small molecule drug discovery setting
- BS/MS in chemistry, biochemistry, informatics or related field with 3+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotech companies
- Demonstrated experience in chemical registration, biological assay data information, data visualization and compound management systems: CDD Vault, D360, Spotfire, Mosaic
- Excellent communication & presentation skills on the phone, in 1 on 1 meetings, & in group settings
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge in biological data quality control is a plus