At Human Ventures, we believe in being a part of something bigger than ourselves we want to work, play, & build with talented people who have great energy, big visions, & who know how to get things done.
About Human Ventures
Human Ventures is an early-stage venture studio based in New York City that backs & builds industry changing businesses. We co-found companies with exceptional entrepreneurs, help build out their early teams & provide resources & connections in the critical beginning days.
As a Staff Accountant, you will work directly with the Head of Financial Operations & Senior Analyst, FinOps to lead our portfolio company accounting function. You will be the lead when it comes to managing relationships with company founders & providing them accounting & other services, along with owning the preparation of financial statements for Human Ventures.
As part of the Finance & Operations team, you will prepare & post journal entries, reconcile accounts & participate in the monthly close for our portfolio companies & Human Ventures. Youll own the complete A/P processing function, payroll process, bank account management & manage 3rd party service providers. Additionally, you will contribute to ongoing process improvements, including technology implementations & policy creation.
Youll need to be a self-starter who can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Additionally, you will need to be a strong communicator with a willingness to learn, adapt, & manage many projects at once.
- 1+ years of relevant experience in accounting (audit or corporate accounting a plus)
- A Bachelors degree in accounting, or related field (Masters in accounting a plus)
- Must be able to work in our New York City office
- Excellent organizational & analytical skills with an emphasis on being detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently & be action oriented, yet also able to work well within a team
- Startup experience a plus
- Positive attitude, along with taking pride in your work
- CPA or CPA in process preferred & extensive knowledge of GAAP is a plus
- Advanced Excel proficiency a plus
This is a full-time position in New York City with competitive salary & benefits, along with a vibrant office with plenty of coffee & snacks.
Human Ventures is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees & applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status.