VaynerMedia is a full service global agency that builds brands for the now. We deliver integrated programs across creative, strategy, production, & media all under one roof that drive tangible business results for some of the biggest brands in the world.
The Post Creative Strategist is the closest member of the strategy team to whats going on in culture & consumer behavior for a brand. Using a combination of social listening, trend data & the reactions of a brands community to it's messaging - they help to inform & shape strategic, creative & media strategy.
One of the entry routes into the strategy team, the PCS will work with other members of the team to inform what cultural signals exist & what a brand should do with them. This isnt just an insights role, as a PCS will be expected to provide suggestions & implications to their observations on consumers & culture. Over time, their career will develop into becoming well rounded strategists, senior strategists, strategy directors & beyond. This will all be built on top of a hands on foundation which recognizes that consumers are guiding us towards better work everyday, if we only listen.
- Ongoing monitoring of brand social channels & relevant online conversations looking for highest impact opportunities to engage (including proactive identification of conversations & communities strategically & creatively relevant for the brand)
- Continuous active listening on brands currently tracking every follower interaction: comments, responses, DMs
- Analyze brand & cultural trends for consideration of creative team
- Bring insight on a subject-matter & specific subculture.
- Willing to go beyond basic tracking to analyzing & drawing hypothesis, including providing a daily digest of observations + recommendations
- Use third party tools to manage brands pages
- Follow proper escalation systems, as needed, for fans with negative feedback.
- Seek opportunities to insert the brand in social conversation, whether around relevant trending topics/news or engaging with social influencers/celebrities/other brands
- High School or College degree (or proof of high fluid intelligence) with a passion for learning & research
- A keen interest in environmentalism & sustainability, beauty/skincare, esports, pro-sports, cars, beer or music
- Consider oneself a Social Media know it all & has experience working across a variety of social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, etc.
- Can combine creativity & analytics with the ability to convert into a story
- Innate curiosity & ability to adapt + be flexible, whether with new tools, platforms, processes, etc.
- Any experience using the following social listening tools a plus but not mandatory
- Brandwatch/Crimson Hexagon
- Any experience putting together presentations in written form using google slides
- Strong writing & verbal skills.