Full Stack Engineer at Stealth Startup
Who we are:
Were a stealth startup transforming the way people communicate with each other. Our team includes former Product Managers from GoogleX & Tech Leads from Apple who are obsessed with helping people communicate more effectively. We are supported by the Allen Institute for AI & some of the biggest names in the tech industry. AI2s incubator is backed by Madrona Venture Group, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, & Two Sigma Ventures among others (details below).
Were looking for someone scrappy, hungry, & eager to dive in as the first full stack engineer. You should have experience working across the technical stackspanning backend, frontend web, development operations, & more. A deep focus on user experience, an ability to iterate & pivot quickly, & a can do attitude are prerequisites. We are looking for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about learning new things quickly & excited to work on a challenging & rewarding new market category.
- Experience building platforms for frontend & backend (e.g. React, Node.js, REST, Python, Docker)
- Proficiency implementing designs & integrating systems with modern design frameworks
- Experience building APIs
- Proficiency with modern cloud infrastructure powered by automated integration & unit testing, deployments, monitoring, & notifications
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent industry experience
Nice to have:
- Fluency with Python & ML/NLP libraries
- Experience with devops/infrastructure deployments
- Experience building audio/video experiences
Whats in it for you?
- Huge impact opportunity: Build & scale a company from the ground up
- Drive the tech vision in an extremely rich problem space that could affect millions of people
- Growth & equity opportunities at a pre-seed, stealth startup
- The opportunity to build & grow a team
- Work on a daily basis with the founding team & core advisors including the CEO of AI2
- Work remotely; while wed love for you to join us in Seattle, were flexible!
- Make friends, learn new skills, & become a better communicator while prioritizing fun! :)
A note about diversity:
We believe incorporating diverse viewpoints early on is key to building an inclusive culture & a transformative product. If you think you might have a diverse perspective to share, we're eager to hear it. We hope you'll apply.
At the AI2 Incubator, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment & to encourage these values in our wider entrepreneurship community. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal entrepreneurial support opportunities are available to all founders without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation & related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical & mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics & testing), military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity & inclusion among our founders is critical to the success of our incubator & our spinouts, & we seek to recruit, develop & retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Invitation to our incubator program is decided purely on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.
The AI2 Incubator is an initiative of the Allen Institute for A.I.-a world-leading research institute with over 175+ A.I. PhDs, researchers, engineers, & support staff. Our Incubator helps entrepreneurs come up with ideas, find co-founders, engage pilot customers, refine their product, work with research paper authors to incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, & raise millions of dollars in venture funding.
Our incubator is also backed by some of the best investors & executives in the world including Madrona Venture Group, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, & Two Sigma Ventures-along with Jeff Dean (Google Senior Fellow), Jeff Wilke (CEO Amazon Worldwide Consumer), Adam Selipsky (CEO Tableau Software), Sujal Patel (Founder of Isilon), Carol Reiley (co-founder of Drive.ai), Laura Butler (Microsoft Technical Fellow), Leigh McMillan (CEO of Whitepages), Charlie Bell (SVP of Amazon Web Services), Chris Re (Stanford Professor & Founder of Lattice), & more.
Ready to get started?
Please complete the form below with your contact information & we'll hope to talk with you soon