What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Product Control Manager to join our growing team!
About Your Team
BlockFi is looking for a Manager to support our Product Control teams activities. A successful candidate who joins our team will scale with our company & take on larger responsibilities over time. This is an expansive role offering an opportunity for the right candidate to interact with a wide number of individuals within BlockFi as well as counterparties in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. The position will report directly to BlockFis Product Controller, working directly with our Institutional Sales & Trading Team as well as the broader Finance organization.
- Design, implement & streamline daily, weekly, & monthly accounting processes for cryptocurrency operations
- Collaborate with trading teams & counter-parties to reconcile & understand transactions, settlement, & overall trade mechanics
- Support daily P&L review & analysis; investigate & resolve trade breaks on an on-going basis
- Support sub-ledger, legal entity, & other longer-term system & process builds
- Implement & drive adherence to policies & controls documentation
- Coordinate with operations to oversee sufficient liquidity
- Maintain & ensure data integrity for activity across various asset classes including futures & options
- Support the external audit by preparing financial schedules, statements, & proactively managing auditor requests
- Growth-oriented & enthusiastic to build & scale role & responsibilities over time
- Has 6+ years of experience in fund accounting, product control, or general financial operations with an interest in expanding their skillset
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or Computer Science
- CPA & or CFA a plus, not required
- Is interested in technology & cryptocurrencies or is willing to learn about them
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity & an ability to work independently to figure out solutions to time-sensitive issues
- A team player & is highly responsive to internal & external requests
- Attention to detail & a demonstrated ability delivering accurate information to others
- Hands-on experience with Python or another coding language is a plus; this job will be data-intensive.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Google Sheets & can find ways to speed up or automate manual processes
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand