Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture & growth technology investors, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
You're an experienced & technical Senior Business Intelligence Analyst interested in applying your quantitative skills to challenging questions within a data-intensive, information SAAS business that drives innovation across multiple sectors. You have worked closely with senior executives in a highly analytical role (data analysis & visualization, business or marketing analysis, optimization problems) understanding & refining key metrics & their relationships to measure business success. You develop warm relationships with stakeholders & enjoy helping them understand metric trade-offs as you drive influential decisions forward & create impactful change. You excel when you are extracting meaning from complex & big datasets & you have ample technical experience with optimizing SQL, BI platforms, & using Python & R to transform granular event data into aggregated insights [bonus for experience with Spark, SCALA, Redshift, Vertica or Presto]. You communicate your insights both verbally & visually, you are comfortable managing your own work while juggling multiple priorities in a rapidly-growing organization & you naturally build effective partnerships across organizational & functional boundaries in order to deliver high-quality & impactful results.
Data Analysts at Dataminr continuously improve the accuracy & efficiency of our analytics & reporting infrastructure. We drive process optimizations forward & provide an analytical framework for the insights that inform product, marketing, sales, & business decisions across the company. This is an opportunity to shape the next generation of our analytics platform including the evaluation of AI features. Youll work to refine what we measure & how we interpret & use that data to inform business decisions. To do this, you'll use a combination of 3rd party & homegrown BI tooling to transform raw data into meaningful insights informed by best practices in data governance & analytical techniques. Youll identify metrics that enable high quality understanding of the performance of the companys key initiatives & then work with our BI & Analytics Engineers to implement the corresponding custom metrics, dashboards & tooling that measure & track performance. Youll work with individual teams to enhance their use of data to improve efficiencies & youll continually teach what you learn to others.
In the first month, youll
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our company metrics, our data structures & our BI tooling with overview sessions & deep dives with your team.
- contribute code to production systems.
Within 3 months, youll:
- Help to plan new metrics & refinements to existing metrics.
- share responsibility for BI projects with other members of your team.
- begin to take more of a role in helping others understand our BI strategy.
Within 6 months, youll:
- own BI initiatives that impact multiple teams.
- be influential in helping plan the next iterations of our BI tooling.
- bring new ideas to our engineering & BI processes to help us improve constantly.
Why you should work here:
We recognize & reward hard work with:
- Competitive compensation package including company equity.
- Paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401 (k) savings plan with company matching.
- Flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking, & dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self & support you with:
- A diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own & drive critical projects
- Daily catered lunch
- Individual Learning & Development fund & professional training
- Generous leave & flexible hours
- Daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen
- And More!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.