Magic Leap is seeking an Associate Engineer in embedded sensor & display systems. Provide your expertise to help us design, optimize, & develop device drivers & systems capable of supporting the most optimal user experience ever seen.
If you are a successful candidate, you will get to work on a system that requires strict timing tolerances under heavy loads, novel approaches to displaying content, & much more. You will get to make tough technical decisions that help shape the direction of our product.
- Implement, Debug HW-SW drivers for the Magic Leap Platform, including but not limited to writing device drivers for memory (flash & DDR), SPI, I2C, & GPIO drivers. Implementation will include writing the driver input/output details, peripheral usage, & memory usage details. Implement will be done to meet product ship acceptance timelines.
- Debug Timing, Race Conditions, Memory issues on a daily basis in a timely manner, & may include use of JTAG debuggers, logic analyzers, etc.
- Part of team to deliver full Platform SW to rest of Magic Leap SW team, this includes writing drivers for all needed hw peripherals, writing the SW to boot the Operating System (including memory initialization, & platform initialization).
- May have to travel to the factory to debug HW-SW issues onsite in order to build Magic Leap hardware with quality & deliver units on time to various other teams.
- Work with other teams: HW, apps SW, middleware SW to debug cross-functional issues such as memory corruption, timing issues, & performance issues. Write detailed reports on the problem statement & how it was solved to be used as a reference for future issues.
- 2-3+ years experience in embedded software development
- Fluent in the C language
- Experience with embedded development practices
- Experience desired in Linux & other microkernels, with sensitivity to performance, memory utilization, & extensible architectures
- Experience in writing drivers for various peripherals over various interfaces: I2C, SPI, USB, PCIE
- Experience with using jtag debuggers, logic analyzers, & other debuggers
- Experience in designing & implementing asynchronous or concurrent multithreaded systems
- Must understand common protocols for communication with hardware & other software modules
- Must be a good communicator & self-motivated to complete projects, & enjoy hw-sw debugging
- 2+ years of 3xperience with real-time & time-critical systems
- Experience with machine vision
- Experience in a high-volume production environment
- Experience with commonly-used mobile operating systems (i.e. Android or iOS)
- The ability to work directly with the hardware team for device bring up & debugging is a plus
- Experience with embedded databases or inter-processor communication layers is a plus
- Factory testing process experience is a plus
- BA/BS in Computer Engineering
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.