Want to help people get the financial protection they need & feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare & buy insurance online. Since 2014, weve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech & helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing & looking for people with grit, great attitudes & creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
Software Engineering at Policygenius
Policygenius continues to disrupt the insurance industry by delivering innovative technology-driven experiences. Our talented yet humble software engineering team is dogma-free & experiment-driven. We are relentless in our drive to reliably deliver outstanding products at scale. We are growing fast, but we can go further faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking engineers like yourself.
As a Software Engineer, you will be developing & implementing product features, pairing with other software engineers, & working on the next wave of technology. At Policygenius, you would work alongside passionate engineers who continuously strive to improve our world, our teams & themselves.
- Work in a multi-functional, Agile team alongside product managers, product designers, & product marketers
- Develop applications using modern web technologies & tools, including Rails, React, & GraphQL
- Experiment with an open-minded team that is always exploring new technologies
- Hone your mentorship & software design skills by training other developers, code pairing, & facilitating workshops
- Ship exceptional products that people love! (were proud to be building a company that has customers who consistently refer their friends & family, with an industry-leading NPS of ~73!)
- 15+ months of experience as a software engineer or within a software development environment
- A passion for learning & discovering new ways to hone your craft
- A desire to take an idea, band people together & ship real products for actual people
- An ability to tactfully articulate your thoughts & decisions
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship, & coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join (Shhh Its a secret!)
Technologies You Will Use
Policygenius currently spends much of its time using these tools, but were committed to working on the right tech for the job, & always open to fresh ideas, new technologies, & better ways of getting things done.