WHO ARE WE?
If the BARK experience is a theatrical production, the Logistics team is the wizard behind the curtain making sure all 1,000 things go according to plan & millions of dogs are happy. We're the people who get our product where it needs to go: from factory / manufacturer to our warehouse network, & then to our end customers by all means possible (TEU, LCL, small parcel, LTL, FTL). We are obsessed with logistics & relentless on performance, but we're not afraid to have fun! We like to think we're superheroes your dog doesn't even know about. No capes, but we type faster than you can fly & don't rest until pups are barking at the door in anticipation of BARK products landing on their doorstep.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
The Sr Manager, Transportation & Supply Chain Strategy is a key position that will provide leadership for developing & executing fulfillment network strategy to support BARK growth. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing inbound, fulfillment, & outbound logistics networks & developing a 3-year network strategy to reduce product lead time, cost, & improve delivery speed to BARK customers.
You will partner with product, planning, operations, & technical functions & create integrated processes among Sourcing, Merchandising, Operations, Logistics, & outside suppliers. You will focus on optimizing the fulfillment network, reducing cost & eliminating waste throughout the supply chain & creating visibility & efficiencies wherever possible. The successful candidate will be a person who is comfortable with ambiguity & excels at diving into data to analyze root causes & implementing long term solutions.
KEY DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Define transportation & fulfillment network strategy & work with cross functional teams on scaling fulfillment & transportation network.
- Manage full lifecycle (concept to execution) of complex fulfillment network projects.
- Identity best in class supply chain technology & infrastructure suitable to the scope & size of the business, as well as scale for future growth.
- Create mechanisms to drive optimization in fulfillment network.
- Determine overall optimal supply chain processes for Bark across all products & markets.
- Establish key performance metrics & benchmarks to measure the success of the materials & logistics initiatives. Results against goals will be measured on a regular basis & present to senior leadership.
- Assist in the development of annual supply chain Capital budgets in accordance with the overall strategy to achieve company goals.
- Support site management on major fulfillment issues, implement program modifications within contracts & support business units to meet company requirements.
- Support inventory strategy execution & implement best practice S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) process. Ensure overall capacity is secured throughout the network.
- Leverage best practices where opportunities arise across all business units & drive compliance as defined by Supply Chain operation.
- Ensure that supporting project initiatives in key areas of the business are on time & on budget.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Experienced Supply Chain Strategy leader with degree in Supply Chain preferred.
- Demonstrated ability of managing cost performance, supply chain/demand forecasting & distribution execution across product lines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional projects at an enterprise level.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to present supply chain strategy to the executive leadership team.
- Excellent strategic problem solving, negotiation & analytical skills; strong business acumen.
- Ability to influence & communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Ability to self-initiate & prioritize workload to meet goals & objectives on time & on budget
- Ability to analyze information effectively & consistently
This is a full-time position. It is currently remote & can be located in any of our team locations including Seattle, WA, Columbus, OH, or New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.