Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, & brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquares platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Visits. As the industrys first & only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions those that exist today & those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date, building a phones-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
This is an opportunity to join a quickly growing FP&A team. This position reports to the Director of FP&A, & will also work closely with leads of various functions.
As a Manager in Financial Planning & Analysis, you will maintain Foursquare Forecast models; develop ad-hoc financial analyses of Foursquares' businesses; develop plans to help the company achieve its goals, & track performance against those plans. Candidates are expected to have a high aptitude & enthusiasm for conducting financial analysis; have demonstrated problem-solving skills; & the ability to thrive in fast-paced environments & work independently.
- Youll be responsible for maintaining & creating complex financials models to support the budgeting, forecasting & growth of Foursquare.
- Develop strategic value-added analyses around growth opportunities, expense optimization, & core business metrics & to drive better decisions & results.
- Track business performance against operating plans & prepare monthly, quarterly & year-to-date reporting for management & business leads
- Work with different business partners within the organization, gaining insight & knowledge that could affect forecasts.
- Assist in annual budgeting & monthly forecasting for Foursquare departments
- Additional other duties & responsibilities, as assigned by Director of FP&A
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in FP&A, Finance, or equivalent quantitative roles
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel, preparing complex financial models & proven ability to develop financial analysis
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint, developing Board & Exec-level presentations
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to manipulate large datasets & extract business insights
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate complex financial information to non-financial audiences
- Must be a proactive & highly organized self-starter, able to work independently & under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgment & discretion in dealing with confidential & highly sensitive financial or other information
- Salesforce & G-Suite experience, preferred
- Solid familiarity with GAAP
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.