Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
Guardant is expanding its mission to improve non-invasive cancer detection to partner sites across the globe via our Guardant Health in a Box initiative. As a Sr. Field Application Scientist (Sr. FAS) will be responsible for providing technical support to external customers using Guardant Health's digital sequencing technology. The Sr. FAS candidate will be first-tier support for all EU labs, responsible for offsite support, equipment installation, & troubleshooting of processes including nucleic acid extraction methods, custom library preparation, enrichment, nucleic acid quantification technologies, & NGS workflows. This role, housed in the Tech Transfer team, will also work closely with business development, product development, & technology development teams on external lab deployment for different Guardant Health technologies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform Performance Qualification (PQ), Process Verification & Validation as necessary on new customer installations.
- Perform troubleshooting and/or root cause analysis of potential issues with Guardant Health'scfDNA workflow(s) & maintain ownership through resolution.
- Triage system issues & work with 3rdparty vendors as required.
- Provide end-to-end training for Guardant Health's sample preparation workflow(s).
- Support the planning discussions with new laboratories about the requirements for installing Guardant Health's sample preparation workflow & perform site assessments
- Develop training & troubleshooting material for support workflow(s).
- Work with quality assurance to ensure all documentation is accurately completed per regulatory requirements.
- Travel to lab sites within EU for up to 75% of the time, & to Japan/US for training purposes.
- 3+ years of applicable experience in a molecular biology/biochemistry related field (industry or academic)
- 2+ years of technical customer support
- Hands-on experience running & troubleshooting cfDNA and/or NGS assay applications
- Experience operating liquid handlers, sequencers, & nucleic acid quantification instruments
- Experience supporting clinical laboratories & knowledge of programming language like SQL, R, Python is a plus.
- Ability to identify, analyze & solve problems with minimal direction & make decisions with confidence
- Ability to successfully balance & prioritize multiple ongoing projects/tasks
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) & ability to present data to internal & external teams.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
#LI-PD1 #cancer #preventativemedicine #earlydetection #precisionmedicine #oncology #guardanthealth