Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were looking for Front End Developer with expertise in front-end development to join our Marketing Design team & help us build out the future of the front-end at Mailchimp. You can expect to work collaboratively on a team with designers, analysts, researchers, & other engineers to build great, friendly experiences for our customers.
Our ideal candidate has a strong understanding of user experience design, deep & applied knowledge of front-end fundamentals (HTML, CSS, JS/ES), a nuanced understanding of browser behavior & interactions, & is at least lightly conversant in backend development. Were in the midst of a large-scale adoption of React, so a willingness to work with complex interfaces & an appreciation for building clean components for them is a plus.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration & clarity. Youll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor who knows how to communicate with your team in order to provide great software. You've broken production environmentsand then buckled down, fixed them & maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
What youll do:
- Set technical direction for & own the design & implementation of the overall front-end system architecture & infrastructure.
- Write & maintain clean, maintainable, & well-tested code for the future (and present) of Mailchimps front-end
- Share your knowledge with teammates through code review, office hours, Tech Talks, & other avenues
- Empower team members - including other developers as well as Technical Support & QA - through technical mentoring, contributions to the teams documentation libraries, & providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate.
- Define & adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, & design best practices.
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing & leveraging peer reviews for your work & the work of cross functional teams.
- Help scope, estimate, & prioritize work.
- Work with marketing & engineering team members to build features from concept through implementation
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a frontend development environment, preferably building & maintaining distributed applications professionally.
- You have depth of experience in at least one modern front-end framework & can speak to its benefits (React, Vue, AngularJS, etc.)
- You have mild experience in backend development (such as PHP, Python, etc)enough that you can smoothly navigate the workings of a web application even if backend development is not your focus
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions & team discussions.
- Youre comfortable collaborating closely with product managers & designers, engineers & marketing teams providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your teams roadmap
- Youre a thoughtful communicator
- You embrace & demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, & independence
Pluses, but not requirements, include:
- Experience & interest in the React ecosystem
- Experience with commerce flows & terminology
- You enjoy analysis & using data to inform decision-making
- Experience & interest in accessibility
- An appreciation for improving web performance
- Experience with front-end testing patterns
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.