Senior Software Engineer
edX is an open source educational software startup venture between MIT & Harvard. We are adding senior full stack software engineers to join a team responsible for building the world's leading learning destination site & platform. Our platform allows millions of learners around the world the opportunity to access education across a variety of different subjects.
The Engagement Engineering Team at edX is seeking a senior software engineer to join a team that is responsible for scaling & building out a new platform for our learners. Your work will help learners around the world find & succeed in courses on edX, helping them achieve their goals.
- Design, develop, deploy, & support scalable software systems
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, & Data Science to understand business problems & identify solutions
- Provide mentorship to team members & assist with feedback on code reviews
- Build & maintain operationally viable solutions throughout the software life cycle
- Commit to owning your code & supporting the customer facing environment
- Lead team members on independent project initiatives
- Promote teamwork, research cutting edge technology, & support a vibrant innovative work atmosphere
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years of full-stack coding experience
- Ability to problem solve, drive projects with loosely defined requirements, communicate with stakeholders, & learn from both success & failure.
- Ability to share your knowledge with team members through mentoring, code reviews, pair programming, presentations, etc.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Python & Django
- Experience building static websites (we use Gatsby & GraphQL).
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Experience with Optimizely or similar A/B testing tools.
- Familiarity with experiment design & evaluation.
- Working knowledge of SEO.
- Experience with accessibility best practices & compliant front-end development standards.
- Familiarity with open source frameworks.
- An interest in enabling & integrating open source contributions.
- BS in Computer Science or related experience.
edX is an MIT startup company that offers highly competitive benefits & retirement plans, a pension program, free lunches every day, & meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of our Mission?
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.