Compass is streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform real estate.
As a Mobile QA Engineer, you will be owning & be responsible for ensuring the quality of feature area in the Compass mobile application. You will perform test execution & actively report bugs both during the development phase & complete routine regression/ exploratory testing on new features. You are an engineer who firmly believes that quality is everyones responsibility. You enjoy finding vulnerabilities & bugs in existing code, & youre capable of working with a team to fix those issues for good. There is a strong likelihood that the manual testing will evolve into automated testing, so basic QA engineering experience is required.
At Compass You Will:
- Perform functional, cross platform (iOS & Android) regression tests in Alpha, Beta & Production Environments
- Identify, isolate, report & track issues to closure, in an issue tracking system
- Review requirements, & provide feedback on completeness, testability & other risk areas
- Review change requests & provide level of effort estimates of QA effort
- Provide regular status updates to our QA lead
- Partner with product owners & developers to identify areas for improved efficiencies
- Willing to learn declarative frameworks for writing tests to work themselves to be writing such automations
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of overall experience in software testing including functional, performance & UI
- You have 2+ years of experience in testing native mobile applications
- You have experience with test plan & test execution for mobile applications
- You have experience in testing UI flows & user experiences for mobile applications
- You have strong verbal & written communication skills
- You have good interpersonal skills & be able to build consensus across teams
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out ourEngineering blog!