Topic is looking for an Assistant Editor who is a bit of a tech-nerd with an interest in entertainment & storytelling. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, with a passion for process & operations.
While not specifically a creative position, this job supports the creative community & is an amazing opportunity for the right person to grow with the company.
The Assistant Editor will be an integral member of the Topic team & will report to the Sr. Post Production Coordinator.
- Asset Management
- Collate technical deliverables including video files, caption files, textless elements & alpha graphic channels
- Download high volumes of content, including batch deliveries of series & films
- Organize all media assets for current & future edits
- Quality Control
- Watch video files down for any video or audio hits or miscellaneous issues
- Remove flash frames, jump cuts, extraneous foreign graphics, or any other video errors to meet delivery requirements
- Versioning files for all closed captioning needs for various SVOD channels
- Syncing closed captioning as well as foreign language subtitling
- Log all technical metadata & format based on the metadata requirements
- Reformat acquired TV series & films in compliance to streaming standards & practices
- Build out sequences in Adobe Premiere Pro in the correct specs for publishing to respective channels
- Upload all versions of the video & caption files for delivery & archive
- Other appropriately related projects/duties as assigned
Background & Qualifications:
- 2 - 4 years post production experience
- Technically proficient with working knowledge of Creative Cloud & all affiliated software
- Knowledge of various audio & video file types, compressions, aspect ratios
- Highly organized with an ability to multitask & strong attention to detail
- Interest in operations, creating systems & process
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in video workflow
- Strong desire to learn more about post process, technologies, etc.
- Ability to be hands on as needed, owner mentality & accountability is a must
Topic is the boundary-pushing streaming service from First Look Entertainment for thrillers, mysteries, dramas & documentaries from around the world, serving viewers who crave entertainment beyond the mainstream. Whether its a Nordic-noir crime thriller (The Killing), an Italian supernatural political drama (The Miracle), or a mind-blowing paranormal mystery from Russia (Dead Mountain), Topic expands your view of the world.
Featuring North American premieres, exclusive TV series & film, & programming from more than 40 countries, Topic showcases an unparalleled collection of creators, perspectives & experiences. Complemented by our Topic Originals, we prioritize bold storytelling & champion underrepresented voices. Topic Originals & exclusives include Oscar nominee The Letter Room (starring Oscar Isaac), Lambs of God (starring Ann Dowd), BAFTA nominee The Virtues (starring Stephen Graham), Emmy nominee The Accidental Wolf (starring Kelli OHara), Dark Woods, Gotham Award winning Philly D.A., & Soul City (directed by Coodie & Chike).
Topic is available to US & Canadian audiences on topic.com, AppleTV & iOS, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android & Android TV, Samsung, Apple TV Channels, Roku Premium Channels, Bell Fibe, Amazon Prime Video Channels, Comcast & Comcasts entertainment platforms, including Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex & XClass TV. Topic is part of First Look Entertainment which also includes Topic Studios, the award winning entertainment studio which develops, finances, & produces content for all platforms.
ventional reflects our commitment to discovering & amplifying independent new voices, & supporting established ones.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism & documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder & philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture & a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic, The Nib & Field of Vision, & plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats & platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators & audiences develop, distribute, discover & connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - People of color, people with disabilities, women, & LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, & to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.