Quartet is a pioneering healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform & range of services brings together physicians, mental health providers, & insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes & drive down healthcare costs. Backed by $153MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners & Centene Corporation, Quartet is headquartered in NYC & is currently operating in several markets across the United States Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, & Illinois.
About the team & Opportunity:
We are looking for a talented person to join our close-knit legal team in our New York headquarters as the second attorney, reporting to the General Counsel. You will provide counseling & legal support in a wide range of legal areas, including employment law & regulatory compliance. You will work directly with a variety of departments across the company, particularly operations, product & marketing, serving as counsel on strategic projects, providing day-to-day advice, & resolving issues that arise across the business.
Our ideal candidate is relentlessly curious, deliberately open-minded, & an action-oriented generalist who can design effective legal advice, internal policies, & operational processes while employing an empathetic interpersonal style. If you enjoy solving novel & challenging problems & building strong teams & relationships while doing it, wed love to hear from you!
- Draft, review, & negotiate master services agreements with enterprise customers & work closely with our Sales organization to close revenue deals
- Draft, review, & negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including consultant agreements, vendor agreements, business associate & non-disclosure agreements
- Provide practical counsel to product, engineering, marketing, people & clinical teams on privacy, regulatory, & employment law issues related to new & existing products
- Design, implement, & iterate on policies, processes, & procedures to manage legal & business risk on a national scale
- Support the development of training materials & conduct training sessions for business teams
- A JD & be a member of the New York Bar in good standing
- At least 4+ years of law firm experience with training in commercial contracts, healthcare law & privacy, & 2+ years of in-house experience working in a health insurance, health system, healthcare focused federal or state government agency, or other healthcare company
- Passion for partnering with business teams
- Experience with drafting & negotiating complex agreements
- An ability to translate between business & technical risk & communicate clearly to business & technical constituencies
- Roll-up your sleeves attitude to tackle projects large & small & a low-ego approach to collaborating across the organization
- Experience with legal issues related to AI/machine learning
- Excellent organizational & communications skills
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events & outings, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 401K, stock option grants, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team & fostering an inclusive culture, & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace & encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, & other characteristics. Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests & job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account & routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have someone to refer? Email email@example.com to submit their details to us.