Sr Product Manufacturing Engineer (New York)
The Sr Product Manufacturing Engineer will research, develop & recommend world-class manufacturing processes in conjunction with CMs, ODMs, & internally. The Sr Product Manufacturing Engineer will gather technical/customer requirements, lead DFM/DFA activities, perform detailed analysis (cost, capacity, manpower) create/manage project timelines, & lead manufacturing NPI (New Product Introductions) & sustaining activities. Successful candidate will also generate cost reduction, process, continuous improvement ideas & lead implementation of those ideas on the factory floor.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams through the NPI stage gate process (Concept-MP), to ensure robust DFM/DFA, providing leadership & expertise in manufacturability
- Collaborate with Peloton partners & teams to communicate, define manufacturing requirements
- Interpret engineering drawings, understand & perform tolerance, GD&T, process analysis; Identify & communicate concerns, risk as needed
- Ensure product manufacturing requirements clearly understood by manufacturing partners
- Participate in supplier, CM, ODM selection & qualification
- Lead suppliers to establish world-class manufacturing & assembly process
- Develop process & equipment specifications as needed
- Execute process qualifications, capability studies (Gage R&R, SPk), DOEs & PFMEAs
- Lead manufacturing readiness activities & process validation builds to ensure flawless launch & mass production; & solve problems efficiently to maintain project timing
- Support product sustainment & improvement activities
Education & Experience
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial); MS a plus
- 7+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & manufacturing environment (NPI to high-volume MFG)
- Solid experience in precision assembly, CNC machining, fixturing, hydro-forming, welding, stamping, casting, plastic injection molding & various finishing techniques
- Experience in developing SOPs, Value-Stream Maps, Process Maps, Lean, 5S, SPC
- Expert-level CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
- Problem solving & corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, RedX, DAMIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Knowledge & application of Global/International standards; ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Experience working with Asian JDM/CMs/ODMs is a plus
- Extensive experience in manufacturing of Connected Consumer Devices desired
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products a plus
- Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
- Microsoft Office applications, Arena, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Managing large manufacturing capital projects ($1M+)
This position requires domestic & international travel. Successful candidate must be willing to travel at least 30% or more as needed.