Harrys started in 2013 as a grooming brand with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, weve expanded to the UK, transformed our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo. Now, Harrys vision is to build a next-generation CPG company by investing in & building a portfolio of modern brands across multiple categories.
Were looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands, online, & in stores around the world.
The Harrys NA Team is responsible for the growth & success of the Harrys brand & for realizing the brand vision to become a truly omnichannel mens care brand. We are building the flagship CPG 2.0 brand that disrupts the personal care category to create a better experience for customers. We are responsible for Harry's P&L in NA, developing commercial & innovation roadmaps, building a disruptive brand thats shaping culture, & a financial plan with clear KPIs across the business. You will be a key leader of the Harrys US leadership team & will report directly to Harry's NA General Manager.
About the Role
Harrys is looking for a seasoned director to lead Performance Marketing & Amazon business for Harry's brand in NA. This is a high impact role where you will set a vision & roadmap for all channels to take Harrys paid marketing to the next level. You would own the end-to-end strategy, execution, & experimentation of H marketing campaigns that are truly omni-channel, spanning from acquisition to our flagship DTC website, to driving growth in retail through advertising. You will be responsible for building, accelerating & scaling H performance marketing to ensure it scales our impact & provides a competitive advantage. In this role, you would lead the expansion of the H business at Amazon, defining & executing a 3 years plan to gain asymmetric ecommerce share through key growth strategies, including selection, performance marketing, operations, customer experience, pricing & promos, & ecommerce fundamentals.
As part of the leadership team, you will help drive our performance culture, directly managing & inspiring A+ talent on our in-house Acquisition, Growth, & Amazon teams, & guiding external partners in creating effective & impactful work. You will work closely with leaders across Marketing, Creative, Engineering, Analytics, Research, Retail & external agencies fostering a collaborative work environment.
This is a full-time position based in NYC with flexibility to work remote in 2021.
What you will accomplish:
Omni-channel Performance Marketing
- Develop the strategy, execution & experimentation to scale Harrys omni-channel paid marketing efforts across all channels.
- Lead the Harrys growth marketing team to plan, execute, optimize, & scale DR campaigns.
- Own budgeting & forecasting for DTC acquisition & Amazon, & work in partnership with the GM on overall brand forecasting, business strategy planning & budgeting.
- Determine success metrics (existing & new) & performance reporting across all forms of performance paid media; set CPA:LTV targets, define omni-channel attribution methodology, & build custom models to ensure decisions lead to desired omni-channel ROI & brand health in the long run.
- Drive efficiencies through automation of reporting & manual workflows on the media side; take ownership over redesigning processes & cross-functional ways of working.
- Advise on (and/or pressure-test an external partners) recommended media strategy & detailed plan for brand campaigns, ensuring were getting the best rates & leveraging the right channel-specific tactics to maximize impact.
- Lead creative development for all DR media, including translation of insights into testable hypotheses, leading ideation sessions, driving prioritization, overseeing sprint cycles, helping manage dedicated creative resources, identifying new external partners; offer expert input & media-driven insights to brand campaign creative development.
- Serve as the key senior point of contact for external agencies & media companies, stepping in to handle difficult conversations, negotiating to get the most out of our investment, & nurturing long-term relationships.
- Foster a network of connections at peer companies to stay abreast of trends; compile industry research, competitive landscape information, explore new tools & systems, & decide which will pay off for Harrys.
- Own the incipient & fast-growing Amazon P&L for Harrys in the US.
- Set a compelling strategy to scale the AMZ business for Harrys through key strategic pillars such as selection, advertising, operations, customer experience, & price/promo.
- Lead the Harrys relationship with Amazon, serving as the key senior point of contact for terms negotiations, strategic planning, & engagements.
- Define & build the right capabilities & team that help us scale the business & gain asymmetric share in a way that is accretive & gives us a competitive advantage.
- Own the sales forecast & roadmap for scaling Harrys business on Amazon across time.
- Set efficiency targets, build budgets, & manage/oversee all paid advertising.
- Own measurement of the interaction between Harrys DTC business & ecommerce presence, & help navigate sales channel conflicts by working closely with XF peers to ensure the best possible outcomes for our customers & the overall business.
- Owning Programs for improving LTV of our existing customers by fostering loyalty/retention & increasing cross-sell.
Build a Performance Marketing function that scales with our business
- Establish a compelling & inspiring vision to become the most effective performance driven CPG brand in the US.
- Determine & build the capabilities needed to scale Performance Marketing meaningfully across our omni channel presence including DTC, Amazon, & Retail.
- Build, lead & develop A+ performance marketing talent that unlocks the next chapter of growth for Harrys in the US.
- Establish strong, collaborative working relationships to deliver common business metrics with key commercial functions (Marketing, DTC Product & Email, Insights, Comms), & collaborate across functions (Retail, Engineering, Analytics, etc) to inspire them behind your vision.
This might describe you:
- +10 years of experience leading Performance Marketing & ecommerce growth (i.e. managing Amazon or similar) at a high-growth DTC / ecommerce brand or omni-channel brand.
- Experience managing a team of managers & direct reports with a track record of growing, coaching & developing talent & capabilities.
- Extensive experience setting goals, managing a budget, building forecasts, & delivering against monthly spend, CPA, LTV, & ROI targets across all forms of marketing.
- Experience in understanding omni-channel businesses & customer journeys across B&M & DTC.
- Deep hands-on experience managing at least half of the following channels for both direct response & brand objectives: Display, Affiliate, Facebook, Search, TV / Streaming, Radio, Podcast, Direct Mail, Inserts.
- Experience managing AMS & campaigns designed to efficiently drive Amazon sales.
- Proven track of developing marketing campaigns for customer lifecycle, subscription, membership & retention.
- Effective collaborator with cross-functional partners, especially creatives, brand managers, product managers, & data analysts.
- Enterprising doer, with an ownership mentality & a bias towards action, constantly hustling & taking initiative to drive improvements yourself.
- Highly analytical, structured thinker who is able to glean clear, salient ideas from complex information & very clearly communicate them to a diverse set of stakeholders in a way they will understand.
- Strategic, can think the business & get inside the mind of the customer, translating quantitative & qualitative data & insights into intelligent marketing strategies.
- Always seeking to learn, re-learn, & improve yourself, your team, & the world around you.
- General awesomeness & a sense of humor.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.